Wednesday, October 31, 2012

One Movers and Liberals

If you have been following my blogs on "movers", this one will not surprise you.  I think that I have already established that education alone will not make you a "two mover" if you were born a "one mover".  If you agree with that the rest will follow naturally.

I have a lot of friends and some are liberals.  They are very nice people and would go to any length to help you if you needed it.  In terms of a personal relationship, I have found liberals and conservatives are about 90% exactly the same.  It is only when you get into the details that the difference starts to come out.  The problem is that these details are the most important part.  I have looked at it from several perspectives and I can find no common thread that separates liberals from conservatives, but there are a few.  Older people tend to be more Conservative than young people.  I have passed this off to the fact that most kids have been subjected to brain washing by their unionized liberal teachers.  You know where I stand on the competency of most of our public school teachers.  They are the ones with the lowest SAT scores, but it is still not enough to explain the situation.

What I think that I have stumbled onto is the fact that liberals tend to be "one movers".  They live in the present like dogs and cats and do not see the consequences of their actions.  I noticed a long time ago that public school teachers used drugs more than any other group that I associated with.  I thought that it was strange at the time and marked it up to "chance".  Later, I have found out that there are few things that happen by "chance".  Now, I think that most public school teachers are "one movers" and thus tend to be liberal.  Some as they age tend to be more conservative and thus tend to become "two movers" when they see the folly of their past actions.  This can only happen if the person is honest and not a victim of their over sized ego.

Notice in this upcoming election that conservatives are more concerned about the national debit than are the liberals.  Liberals live in the present and if they have food and shelter, they tend not to be concerned about the future.  Obama knows that his supporters are "one movers" and thus treats them that way.  This is why conservatives can't understand why liberals can't see thru Obama's ever changing speeches.  It is because they are "one movers" and only live in the present.  They are not concerned that what he says today is different from what he said last week or a year ago.  "Two and three movers" or conservatives look both forward and backward and notice the differences.  It is that simple.

I have also said this before too.  If multiple theories account for a set of facts, the one that is most likely correct is the simplest one.  Remember that?  Could it be more simple that whether or not you are a "one mover" or a "two mover" which explains most of the difference in the thinking of liberals and conservatives?   Liberals tend to vote for what is best for themselves while conservatives tend to vote for what is best for their children and grandchildren.  Remember my discussion about this countries early settlers?  When some pioneer was out felling trees and clearing his land he was thinking about the future and his kids and grand kids.  Why else would they have worked so hard and for so long.  It would have been  much easier to work just hard enough to get by and let the future take care of itself.  In those early blogs, I said that our country has changed from us being pioneers to being people living in urban areas and depending on others.  In the process, we have moved from being "two and three movers" to now mostly being just "one movers".  We could not be doing what we are doing if we had any thoughts about the future.  Look at it.  Drugs, crime, out of wed lock births and school drop outs and expecting some kind of government hand out.  How are we ever going to turn it around????