If you have been reading my blog, you know that I was raised on a farm or ranch. Many of my values can be traced back to those basic experiences. I don't have any idea where urban people trace their values. Urban life appears to me to be a very sterile environment for the development of values. Here is my story.
What happened in Libya? Some terrorists killed four of our citizens including our Ambassador. The reason that they were killed was that we did not provide them with adequate protection. That was the job of Obama and his administration. I was raised on, "the buck stops at the Presidents desk". I do not see any reason to change from this position today. That means the buck stops on Obama's desk, not that of the Secretary of State's desk. Using my values from my farm experience, what happened is that Obama left the barn door open and the horses got out. In this case, the horses died so it is not possible to get the four horses back in.
I had a similar event as a kid on the farm and here is what happened. I left the barn door open and the horse got out in the middle of the night. We got a call from a neighbor that our horse was in their field. My father went to the barn and found that the door had been left open by me. He came to me and told me what I had done. Like Obama, I said that I would go to the neighbor's and get the horse and bring him home. My father said, "No'". He said that he would go get the horse and when he got back he would give me one of the hardest spankings that I had ever gotten. In my case, going and getting the horse did not compensate for the fact that I left the barn door open and like Obama, his claim that he will find and punish those who kill our four citizens is not compensation either. I got punished and so should Obama. How else will anyone learn from their serious mistakes. Hillary said that she would take responsibility for the lack of security and thus the killing of our four citizens. Given that we are talking about four lives, I would fire Hillary on the spot, just like giving me the hardest spanking that I ever had. Got a problem with that? You know what is going to happen. Hillary is going to get off, just like I thought I would if I went in the middle of the night and got the horse and brought him home. Sorry, but life does not work like that.
Here is another little story. There was one of newest destroyers that went aground some place in the Caribbean a few years ago. The captain was not o the bridge at the time, but he was still responsible. What did the Navy do? He lost his command and will never get another. Do you think that saying he was sorry should count for something? How about saying he was asleep in his bed? How about the fact that no one told him they were going into shallow water? Are those reason enough? Not for the Navy. It is automatic. If you don't do your job, you lose your job. Just like that. Now, as I understand, Obama is \Commander and Chief. I that is the case, why is he not treated like any regular ship's Captain?
I learned my lesson and I learned it well. I feel that my father did exactly the right thing. I could not go to school for a week because of the welts on my butt and at the time, I did not think that I was treated fairly, but now, looking back, I do. I ask you, "what should the punishment be for Hillary and Obama for the loss of those four lives?" You just wait, there will be "no" punishment and if things work out, Obama will appoint Hillary to a Supreme Court position. If you agree, tell your friends.