Don't worry about the title. By the end, you will see the connection. I have several degrees and read a lot, but most of my knowledge about human nature comes from over 70 years of observation. I have a clear memory of many things that happened when I was just two years old. I have a lot more dots to try to connect than most people. Here are a few.
I would divide people into several groups that I will define as "movers". The idea of "movers" comes from my experience with Chess. The really good players have the ability to look many "moves" ahead so that they don't fall into a trap. Players who only look one or two "moves" ahead are easy to beat. What I want to do is to take this simple concept a few steps farther and apply it to all of us humans. I contend that you can divide us humans into groups based on how many "moves" they think in. The lowest level is "one" and the highest is some where between 8 and 10. There are not very many in the 8 to 10 category. Most are in group "one". My guess is that at least 50% are in group "one" and it is geometrically distributed. That mean that 50% are "one movers" and about 25% are "two movers" and about 12.5% are "three movers" and so on. I think that I am giving the human race a pass because, I really think it is much worse.
Now a few simple observations. I think that many of you may be able to relate to these. Let's say that you are in the kitchen cooking and someone is standing watching. You reach into the oven with a single pot holder to pick a large pot out of the oven. It is clear to the person watching that you really need two hands and two pot holders to handle the large hot pot, but they just stand there watching. They make no effort to get another pot holder or help in any way even though it is clear that you need help. This is an example of a "one mover". They can't see the next event beyond you trying to pick up the pot. I know you have seen people like this. They are the "one movers".
Next, you are under the Christmas tree putting together a complicated toy. You have some of the screws in your mouth and your hands are full holding parts together. You get the screw started, but can't put it down to reach for a screw driver. It is clear to two people watching, but neither one reaches over and hands you the screw driver that was just out of your reach. See how it works? I know that you have had similar experiences.
These people seem smart and many are high school or college graduates, something seems to be missing and that is that they are "one movers" and can not see beyond the current situation. I know that dogs and cats are a lot like this. They seem smart, but don't seem to know what to do next. I am not going to discuss our school system here, but to say that we teach people about all kinds of things and we test them so we know that the information is inside their heads. Like a Parrot, if they can say it back to us, we give them an "A" grade and put them on the honor roll. The problem is that they are still "one movers". See the problem?
Now what does this have to do with Obama? Obama is a smart guy and he knows that at least 50% of voters are "one movers". This has nothing to do with education. That is one reason many have been confused about why so many people have voted for Obama in the past when they appear to be smart people. All Obama has to do is to give the "one movers" something today and they will be happy. "One movers" do not look ahead to the future when their own little kids will have to pick up the tab for all the goodies that Obama has given them and borrowed the money from China to pay for them.
Many of the "two movers" can see what Obama has been doing, but they can not convince many of their friends who are "one movers" that Obama is trashing our country. I pointed out above that I estimate that no more than 25% of voters are "two movers" and just because you are a "two mover" does not guarantee that you will connect the dots correctly. I don't know how many "moves" you are, but I am sure that you have had problems discussing the danger of the our over 16 trillion dollar debit with may of your friends. Now maybe you will understand why. Most of your friends are "one movers".
PS----- I heard a story a long time ago about Bill Russel the basketball player. When asked how he was able to get so many rebounds, he answered, "....I don't go where the ball is. I go where the ball is going to be..." From this statement, it is clear that Bill Russel is at least a "two mover". How many good athletes don't seem to know how to be in the right spot at the right time and many players who don't seem to have the same ability are always in the right spot at the right time? Interesting isn't it.
I don't think Obama knows that there are different "movers", he just follows the Rev Wright formula and it seems to work. Most people can draw a simple graph showing the relationship between "two" variables, but what happens when they move up to "three" or "four"? Their thinking bombs out and they can't handle it, but some can and that is "Obama and human nature". Is there "Hope"?