Tuesday, May 11, 2021

1619 Test

 With so much information moving around the internet at the speed of light, one needs some kind of test to determine what is worth listening too.  This blog will show you a simple test.

Many years ago as an executive in South America, I learned a very important lesson and I want to share that lesson with you.  I had to deal with plant managers all over South America who spoke different dialects of Spanish and even Portuguese.  As I interviewed the different plant managers, I was often mislead by their answers to my questions.  What they were doing was answering most of my question in the  positive or "yes" when they were not clear about the exact question that I was asking.  What I did not know was that my questions over whelming solicited a "positive" answer.  The plant managers told me what I wanted to know and I went away misinformed.

My boss saw what was going on and told me that I needed to ask my questions in a form that could not be answered, "yes" or "no".  I did that and do it to this day so that I get correct answers to my questions and I test the credibility of the person in the process.  We need to think about some way to determine if the person who we are talking with actually knows the subject or not.  What you will find if you do not do this simple test, is that you will be getting "bull shitted" a lot more often than you might think.

Now, back to this 1619 movement.  Most of those promoting the 1619 movement know very little about the formation of the USA.  If the person who you are talking to can not give you the correct answer to the following questions, you can stop discussing the subject with them, because they are wasting your time.

(1)  When, where and why was the "Battle of Alamance".  If they don't know, they don't really know much about USA history.

(2)  What was the "Missouri Compromise" and why was it significant?

(3)  What is your estimate of the percentage of African salves legally imported into the USA compared to the rest of the Americas?  If their estimate is more than 5%, they don't know much about USA history.

You can make up some of your own test questions and I think that it will help you cut thru most of the bull shit that you are being fed.