Monday, April 27, 2015

Rules Of Engagement For The Baltimore Police

I think that I have blogged on this point before, but that had to do with the military.  Even if you are not part of the military, the concept of "rules of engagement" is still important.  I was watching the situation in Baltimore and noticed that they did not seem to have anything like a set of "rules of engagement".  That is the idea of this blog.

We all knew a week ago that the police of the city of Baltimore arrested a young Black and he died while in their custody.  We all understood that an investigation was happening to find out if what really went down.  We also, knew that any investigation took time.  I would like for it to all go faster, but know that due to our legal system, things had to be done very carefully.  Blacks in Baltimore do not seem to understand that the wheels of justice grind slowly, but grind finely.

What should the rules of engagement be?  That is the big question.  In the case of Baltimore, the Black mayor communicated the rules when she said that the police should stay out of the way while Blacks rioted.  The police stood down and you can see what happened.  Closing the barn door after the horse is out is a lot more difficult than making sure the door was closed in the first place.  Green horn managers seem stress closing the barn door after the horse is out and do not understand that good managers "prevent" problems by locking the barn door. This is the case with the mayor of Baltimore.  I am sure that she was elected because she was Black and not because she was competent.
Sorry, but those are the facts.

Now some rules of engagement"
(1)  If the fire department are fighting a fire and someone tries to cut their water hose, should the fire department be allowed to shoo that person?  I say yes!
(2)  If a person hits a policeman with a rock, should the police man be allowed to shoot that person?  Again, I say yes!
(3)  If a person is setting a fire to a business, should the police man be allowed to shoot that person?
I say yes, again!
(4)  If a person is setting a fire to a police car, should a police man be allowed to shoot that person?  I say yes again!
(5)  If a person is resisting arrest, how much force should be allowed to arrest the person?  In 100% of the cases where a Black person was injured, they resisted arrest.  Think about that!!
(6)  If a person is stealing or looting a business, should a police man be allowed to shoot that person? I do not think this is enough to justify shooting to kill and shooting to wound is almost the same thing.  I think that the police should be able to use tear gas or mace.  In the case of Baltimore, I do not see any reason why the police helicopters should not be allowed to launch tear gas into the looters.  For some reason, the helicopters were not doing anything.  I feel that the helicopters should have special cameras that were detailed enough to identify the looters so that they could be arrested later.

How about some pre planning?  We all know that Baltimore is one of the top 3 or 4 cities in the USA in terms of murder rate by Blacks on Blacks.  By knowing that, the police should have been ready for a "standard" Black riot.  For some reason, I keep hearing News media people referring to the Blacks in Baltimore as being "under privileged".  I do not know what all this "privileged" business is all about.  Most people who I know who enjoy life in the USA, worked for it.  They completed high school and did not knock up their girl friends and then bug out.   Privileged is some that is inside the person and Blacks do not seem to understand this simple point.

We need a debate with the public about exactly what the "rules of engagement" should be.  I do not know where they will end up, but we need that public debate if we ever expect to get on top of the problem with Black looting riots.

PS---How about the castle law that many states have.  It is where you can shoot some one who breaks into your home.  If your business is considered your home and a looter breaks in, should you be able to shoot them?  I think that we need something like this for businesses.  Calling the police is not a solution because it takes too long for them to arrive.  More and more, we need to have the authority to protect ourselves until the police arrive even if that means shooting looters.

PS---In these riot situations the mayor should be able to declare an "emergency" that would allow the police to arrest people who hid their faces.  This would make pictures taken during the riot much more affective.  Knowing that the police would eventually track you down would go along way toward in discouraging the Blacks to riot and loot.

PS---There is not such thing as a "good paying job"!  If the Blacks in Baltimore want to earn more, they need to make their labor "worth" more. That means finishing school, working hard and being socially responsible.