Back on 3/24/10 I Blogged "Toyota Again". In that Blog, I came to the conclusion that random problems with the Toyota onboard commuters should produce more random problems, not just throttle control. Building on that fact, back on 3/24/10, I stated that the problems with the Toyota was a combination of "fraud" and "two foot drivers". Isn't it interesting that about a year later and after our own President Obama bad mouthed Toyota, our government is admitting that they did not know what they were talking about. Notice that you are not seeing our President Obama admitting that he made a serious mistake bad mouthing Toyota.
At first, I bought into the fact that there was some kind of problem with Toyota and all that I had to do was to figure out in what area. I had all the possibilities in my set of considerations, but jumped to the computer being a likely area. That was because it is almost impossible for management or normal quality control to detect computer software problems. I was playing the odds. I did have "fraud" and "two foot drivers" on my list too. As it has turned out, it seems to have been these last two. Maybe I should explain what a "two foot driver" is and how it could cause the reported Toyota problem. I am an old guy who learned to drive in a "stick" shift car with a manual clutch. With this type of car, you had to use your left foot for the clutch and right for the gas and brake. Since you seldom needed to have your foot on both the gas and brake at the same time, the right foot could handle both of these. Now with the automatic transmission cars, the left foot had nothing to do. Younger people thus used the left foot for the brake and the right foot for the gas. As you can see, in an emergency, a person could push with both feet at the same time.
Watch the news and you will see that the news will not report on the big error that they made. Notice that this error is just like the big non-event Gulf oil spill. I have to ask how the normal person who does not see the big picture can figure this all out? Is it because 40% of our kids don't graduate high school? There has to be a reason why we are generally so stupid.