I think it is like beauty. I can't define it, but I know it when I see it. Today, you don't have to look very far to see examples of stupidity. There is one town here in the USA where they have much more than their share and that is Washington DC.
I just heard that the EPA is coming down on dairy farms over spilled milk. My mother used to tell me not to cry over spilled milk and I know my mother was very wise. Now the EPA has me crying over spilled milk. Seems that milk contains a type of fat that can be harmful and could post a risk to humans. Doesn't butter come from the cream contained in milk? Eat too much and you could die. You have to ask yourself, "where do they find the nuts that work for the EPA?" No dairy farmer that I know spills much milk. They could not stay in business if they were spilling milk. I've milked a few cows in my days and can tell you that I spilled very little milk and when I did, I never cried. When you call the cows in for milking, they "let down their milk". It has to do with the expectation of being milked and when this happens, I have seen all for teats dripping milk all over the place. It is a natural thing and now the EPA wants dairy farmers to put diapers on the cow's bag. I feel that it has gone far enough and we all need to let it be know that we are actually "crying over spilled milk".
If the milk thing were not bad enough, wait till the EPA comes to your house with a carbon dioxide meter. Carbon dioxide is considered by the EPA to be a toxic gas and as such they have the right to regulate it. Do you have any idea how absurd that is? If we got rid of all the carbon dioxide, no plants could grow and we would all die. Mother nature developed a very sophisticated system to regulate carbon dioxide in the air. As the amount in the air goes up, plants grow faster and take out the carbon dioxide. When the amount in the air goes down, plants grow slower. If a forest burns down, the burning wood puts carbon dioxide into the air. If the trees in that same forest were allowed to die from old age rather than burning down, their rotting would put exactly the same amount of carbon dioxide in the air. Is our EPA stupid or what?
How about coal? It is our main source of electric power here and in most of the world. The problem is "dirty" coal. 99% of the people who drive by a coal fired power plant think the smoke billowing into the air is from burning dirty coal. What they see is water vapor from big cooling towers that allow the steam to be recycled. Seens there is no shortage of stupidity here in the USA. Have you noticed how in any article about what percentage of gas is in our air that they never list water vapor? It is one of the biggest. Did you ever hear about rain? At a time when we are taxing our power plants and driving up the cost of electricity here in the USA, we are selling coal by the ship load all over the world and we all know that it will be burned in power plants that do not have any modern scrubbers. It only takes a few days before that polluted air is right over our homes. Eactly what has been gained by making power and food more expensive here in the USA. Did we save the world? I don't think so. If there is ever a pay back for all of our suffering, when is it and will we be broke and owned by some other country like China by then?
I talk to a lot of stupid people every day who really believe that we can save the world. The only system for us humans that has been proven to work over thousands of years has been as hunter gatherers and the way we are now going it will not be long before there will be a lot fewer of us and we will be hunter gatherers again. The good news is that we will have gotten rid of a lot of the stupid people.