If this is the leadership that many voted for, the voters of the USA are a lot stupider than I thought. I don't know why Obama keeps talking about "savings over the next 10 years". Does he think we are stupid and can't divide by 10 to see what he will save per year. Does he think that we can't handle big numbers and figure out what the cost or savings are for the 300 million or so people here in the USA? He must or he would not keep repeating his demented logic. I used my 4th grade math before to sort this all out and I am ready to do it again.
Let's first take Obama's 3.73 trillion dollar 2012 budget. Recall that a trillion is followed by 12 zeros and a million is followed by only 6 zeros. First we have to do a little subtraction of these zeros. Did your old school teacher tell you that you could not add or subtract zeros? Well, you can. If we assume we have approximately 300 million people, that is the same as 3 followed by 8 zeros. Now we subtract 8 zeros from the 12 zeros of the Obama budget and we get 4 zeros. Next we add the 4 zeros to the 3.73 trillion budget and get 37,300. If we divide this by the 3 that is left when we subtracted 8 zeros from the USA population, we $12,433. That is what the Obama 2012 budget is for every man, women and child in the USA.
Now people can get their hands around a number like $12,433. If that is the case, why don't we hear people in the media mentioning this? Why don't they expose this 10 year business. If it were me and I wanted to lie, I would use 100 years or a thousand years. This would be just as stupid as what Obama is doing. Remember when they claimed savings when they collected tax for 10 years and only spent the money over 5 years. Why didn't they use 100 years to see what would happen when costs and revenues got to "steady state:?
The savings that Obama claimed that his budget would save over "10 years" was only about $1.1 trillion. That is only $110 billion per year and further, it is only $367 per person. If you really go wild with your 4th grade math and calculate the percent savings you only have to divide $167 by $12,433. The answer is 2.9%. I think you could find that kind of money under the pillows in your couch. Anyone who is taken in by the Obama claims must be stupid and could never have passed 4th grade math.
PS>---------
The correct way to calculate the percentage of savings in the Obama budget is to "add" the savings back onto the ending budget before the calculation. This produces the correct answer to "how much he saved off his original budget". Rather than using 3.73 Trillion, it should be 3.84 Trillion and the percentage should be 2.86% rather than the 2.95% that I reported before.