If you read my Blog 2/32/11 about Head Start and Nursery Schools, this will make even more sense. In that Blog I presented my theory as to why the oldest child in a family will "on average" have the highest IQ among his or her siblings. Unusual fact, but true. The big question is, Why? I showed in the last Blog that it was because the first born has a more intellectually challenging environment compared to his younger siblings. Now I want to extend this concept even farther and I think you will see why.
I have been watching public school teachers for some time and have concluded that they are a lot different from normal people who are not public school teachers. If you have not noticed this, then much of what will follow will not make much sense. We all know that cops hang around with other cops. It is an accepted fact. It is the same for public school teachers. If you have any friends who are public school teachers, and you are not, you will see right away that most of their are also public school teachers. If you haven't noticed, think again. Now why is this point significant? Here is why.
As I said in my Blog about Head Start and Nursery schools, the fact that the kids in Nursery school hang with mostly kids their own age of 3 to 5 means they do not have a very high intellectually challenging environment. The results is that their brain does not develop as well and they end up with lower IQ's than kids who were home schooled. It is my theory that college graduate public school teachers spend a lot of time with kids who know a lot less than they do. See where I am going? The fact that public school teachers have an environment that is a lot less intellectually challenging than normal working people's environment means that their brains do not continue to grow like the rest of us. If you don't buy this, then their brains atrophy like any muscle that is not exercised. If you carry this one step farther and include the fact that they mostly hang with other public school teachers who are suffering from the same environmental problem, you start to get a good idea of why teachers are so different from normal people.
If you watch what is happening with the unionized public school teachers and try to understand where they are coming from, you will find it very confusing. They do not seem to be acting logically and the reason is that they are not logical in their thinking. We all expect our public school teachers to be like us, but they are not for the reasons that I have proposed above. I think my theory connects a lot of dots and needs to be given serious consideration. If you think about it, there is no way by random chance that the majority of public school teachers could end up with such strange thinking and logic. There has to be some universal cause that is affecting them in some very systematic way. The affect on a single individual does not have to be that great to have a noticeable affect on a large group like what we are all seeing.
Hey, I think I figured it out. I think the cure is to only allow a person to teach in our public schools for a very limited amount of time and then progress onto a higher paying job like most of the rest of us. If these public school teachers are all that smart, they should have no problem entering the private work force and competing against the rest of us. Think of the waste of those minds just teaching 3rd and 4th graders when they could be earning and contributing so much to society.