Monday, January 30, 2023

Revisiting Memphis

 I would like to revisit Memphis and present a different take on the situation. This blog will show you a different side.

What the 5 cops did in Memphis was totally terrible.  I think that we can all agree on that, but how about the cause?  Were the 5 cops just bad cops?  I am not so sure.  What are he chances of selecting 5 cops and having them all turn out to be bad.  I think that is about zero, so there has to be some other reason for what happened. 

Here is what I think was the root cause and if you want a real change, then you have to start at the root cause. I am just guessing, but I think the odds are on  my side.  The out of wed lock birth rate for Blacks in Memphis has to be almost 90%.  That means the cops and the kid who was killed were fatherless.  Not that kid who was killed called out for his mother.  If that were me, I would have been calling for my father and so would most of you.

Now look at who is committing most of the crimes in Memphis.  It is Blacks who are fatherless.  The trend toward fatherless Blacks started back in the 60;s, and now those kids are adults not babies anymore. They play with other kids now who are also fatherless.  Crime has gotten so bad in places like Memphis that even the cops have changed in order to deal with the situation.  These 5 cops are just a product of what started out from the 60's fatherless babies.

To be a cop in places like Memphis, you deal with this crime wave everyday and it changes you.  You get harder and harder.  You have less and less feelings for the criminals.  It is simple escalation and we all know how that works.  When they stop a criminal, the know that the criminal has committed several other crimes for which they were not caught.  The criminal knows this too and is afraid that they have finally been caught for some crime they have committed.  They are afraid and so would you be if in the same situation.  They are willing to run or fight with the cops.  The cops know this and want to get the upper hand in the situation.  Isn't this what the cops tried to do?  Did the criminal cooperate?  Maybe he did, but the situation in Memphis has gotten so bad that the criminal had no chance to cooperate.

A little digression here.  Look at what happened in Minnesota with that guy.  Did he cooperate?  Clearly, "no". What did the cops do?  They used just a little more force than was being used against them.  Had the guy stayed in the cop car like he was supposed to, he would still be alive today.  The situations are more alike than most people are willing to admit.

Back to Memphis.  Is more training the answer?  I don't think so.  If the root cause is breeding fatherless Black kid, then why don't we start there?  There is an old saying that, "it take two to tango". Where are the girls?  Why to they allow themselves to get knocked up so easily?  Where are they in all of this?  Do you feel sorry for a young knocked up Black girl?  I don't.  They allowed it to be done to themselves.  You have to understand that this whole situation has escalated up from the trend from the 60's of our of wed lock births in the Black community.  Why don't we all start there!!!