I think that I am a Libertarian or some kind of conservative. I like to do things for myself much like rural people of the past. I like for our government to error on the side of doing the least possible rather on the side of over involvement. I know that this type of attitude has changed over time and I do not understand exactly why. Abortion is a good starting point.
I blogged in the past that almost all religions advocated breeding as a passive means for their group to dominate their society. You only have to look at Catholics, Muslims and Mormons to understand what I am saying. "Go forth and be fruitful" is how most of them put it, but the objective is still the same. Both Germany and Russia encouraged large families. Why was that? Domination. The USA did this, in a way, when they gave free Native American land to poor European immigrants. Once the immigrants put some work into that free land, they would kill any Native American who tried to take it back. See how it works? Israel did the same thing after 1949.
This buildup is so that I can focus on the major changes that have taken place here in the USA and much of Europe. Most people can now see that uncontrolled breeding is not good in terms of quality of life. Abortion as a means of controlling family size used to be unthinkable, but not now. Most of us know that there are lot better ways to control family size other than abortion.
How about a few statistics on the subject? The abortion rate in the USA has actually gone down over the past 25 years while access to safe abortions have gotten easier. For the record, I had an aunt who died from a botched abortion back in the 1940's. The rate of abortions in the Back community is 3 times that in the White community. Why do you think that is? The abortion rate in the Latino community is 2 times that of the White community while they have a higher participation in the Catholic religion. Why is that? In the state of New York, there were more Black abortions than their were live Black births. Why was that? We all know that the Black community has a much higher rate of out of wedlock births than any other ethnic community. Why is that?
I think that most people understand that uncontrolled population growth is not good for the human race nor our environment. I don't think that moving people from over populated countries to lower populated countries is the solution either. Problems of over population need to be address directly where they occur. Failure to do that only delays the inevitable.
I do not disagree with legal abortion, but I feel it should not be subsidized by the state. I do not see a problem with social pressure one way or another on the subject, but not legal regulation. What we all need to do is to try to answer my questions above, "Why was that?" We all need to realize and agree that manipulating population growth is "not" the way for one group to attempt to dominate another!
I blogged in the past that almost all religions advocated breeding as a passive means for their group to dominate their society. You only have to look at Catholics, Muslims and Mormons to understand what I am saying. "Go forth and be fruitful" is how most of them put it, but the objective is still the same. Both Germany and Russia encouraged large families. Why was that? Domination. The USA did this, in a way, when they gave free Native American land to poor European immigrants. Once the immigrants put some work into that free land, they would kill any Native American who tried to take it back. See how it works? Israel did the same thing after 1949.
This buildup is so that I can focus on the major changes that have taken place here in the USA and much of Europe. Most people can now see that uncontrolled breeding is not good in terms of quality of life. Abortion as a means of controlling family size used to be unthinkable, but not now. Most of us know that there are lot better ways to control family size other than abortion.
How about a few statistics on the subject? The abortion rate in the USA has actually gone down over the past 25 years while access to safe abortions have gotten easier. For the record, I had an aunt who died from a botched abortion back in the 1940's. The rate of abortions in the Back community is 3 times that in the White community. Why do you think that is? The abortion rate in the Latino community is 2 times that of the White community while they have a higher participation in the Catholic religion. Why is that? In the state of New York, there were more Black abortions than their were live Black births. Why was that? We all know that the Black community has a much higher rate of out of wedlock births than any other ethnic community. Why is that?
I think that most people understand that uncontrolled population growth is not good for the human race nor our environment. I don't think that moving people from over populated countries to lower populated countries is the solution either. Problems of over population need to be address directly where they occur. Failure to do that only delays the inevitable.
I do not disagree with legal abortion, but I feel it should not be subsidized by the state. I do not see a problem with social pressure one way or another on the subject, but not legal regulation. What we all need to do is to try to answer my questions above, "Why was that?" We all need to realize and agree that manipulating population growth is "not" the way for one group to attempt to dominate another!