I have been working almost every day cutting and splitting wood. I have been heating my home with wood for the past 30 years. As I have gotten older, the job is becoming more difficult. With all the talk about Green Energy, I finally figured out that I have been well ahead of the game with my heating with wood. According to the forest service it only takes about 5 acres of forest to heat the largest home for every. What I am going to do every time that I encounter on of the liberal Greenies is to ask them how many trees the plant per year on their own land. We all want to save the world, but conservatives do it with their own money while liberals want to save the world with other people's money. Check it out and I am sure you will come to the same conclusion.
Trees are one of the best means to collect and store solar energy in the forms of wood. In the news, we keep hearing about things like efficiency, but we never hear about how much is cost to collect solar energy. I can tell you for a fact that a tree can collect more solar energy for less investment than anything that us humans have come up with.
Full time electrical power has a cost of about $0.150/kwh and you can buy interuptable power for about half or $0.075/kwh. I have blogged before that solar and wind power is only worth $0.075/kwh because it is only available part time. If you notice, all the liberals calculate it value as being equivalent to full time power. That doubles the value of green energy when it is only worth half that.
I was reading some data that showed that energy from wood is twice that from either solar or wind. Why don't we ever hear about wood? In my woods, cutting of fire wood increased the value of my woods. In every wood lot there are a lot of trees that have little commercial value and by cutting inferior trees and using them for fire wood helps the more valuable trees grow faster. You never hear about things like this in the media because they are economical in their own right and do not need taxpayer's money.
There is an expression within the fire wood community that states, "fire wood heat you three times". It heats you when you cut and split the wood. It heats you when you haul and stack the wood. It heats you when you burn it. In my case it is a very good natural exercise that we all need. Rather than going to the gym, I took my chain saw for a walk in the woods for free and ended up with a lot of good fire wood.
What you need to do is to challenge the liberals who try to save the world with your tax money rather than their own money. Ask them how many trees they planted this year on their own land. Ask them how much wood they burned to heat their homes. If you do this, you will prove that they are all phonies.