It has been a cold day, so I have been cruising the web for entertainment and have found the "Go Green" sites some of the best. These are sites that cater to people who want to save the world by going green. Most articles have a grain of truth, but soon turn to being some kind of advocate with an agenda. That is normally where they jump off the accuracy boat into the land of make believe. It is entertaining reading, but if you know anything about technology, chemistry or physics, you have to go to never never land to understand their logic. The really bad part is that they want to take money from you and me to promote their personal green agenda. As I have said in the past, I don't have anything against them going green with their own money, but when they want to use my money, I draw the line.
As I was trying to find data on LNG and CNG, I came across sites from the DOE where they were spending our money on all kinds of way out green energy projects. A common thread in many of them was their claim that we needed to be "energy independent" and it seemed they felt that we should do this no mater how much it costs. Why don't they have this same attitude about anything else? How about cell phones or TV sets? We make "zero" of those, yet we produce over 50% of our energy. If the greenies had their way, we would have to keep warm by rubbing our hands together.
At some point, we have to get back to reality on this whole green vs energy thing. I noticed that there was total silence on population growth or immigration. One way to make our energy go farther is to have fewer people using it. I think that we have about a million Mexicans crossing our border every year while all the wind mills and solar panels combined could not supply the energy needed for 10% of them. We have families with more than 5 kids who are on welfare, yet there is total silence by the green community. If we were really serious, we would do all the cheap things first before bankrupting the country, but that is not the way of the green movement.
Next time you are bored, try visiting some of the Go Green sites. It could bring sun shine to a cloudy day.