Thursday, October 6, 2011

Jonathan Silver DOE Free Money

I have been blogging for some time about how stupid our government is regarding energy. I have presented my arguments from almost every angle and they always turn out showing that green energy is stupid. I have been researching this guy Jonathan Silver to see what kind of educational background he has. The decisions that have to be made by the DOE requires the person to be able to separate bull shit from true technical facts. I do not see how a person who does not have a fundamental understanding of Physics can judge whether or not they are being bull shitted. I have looked at all the green energy ideas that are on the table and "none" are economical and "none" appear that they will be economical within the next 100 years.

If and when the documents are published, I want to see what cash flow discount rate was being used by the DOE. I also want to see the probabilities of success/failure on the different loans and grants that were approved. I also what to see the factor sensitivity analysis that would show what factors were most significant in the decision process. I think that I can tell you that I would have flunked 95% of the people who were making the multimillion dollar decisions at the DOE if they were in one of my decision theroy classes.

As I have blogged too, the media and our elected officials in the Congress and Senate who we have in trusted to watch over these departments and the President are just as unqualified as I think Jonathan Silver was. Being a political science major, a lawyer or a good salesman are not the qualifications that are needed to run the DOE.

If you look around the world at the countries who are doing well and who do not have all the natural resources that we have, the common factor is that their top people have technical degrees, not political science or law. We are the only ones who put those kinds of people in high offices. Look in the mirror, we are getting exactly what we deserve.

If anyone has any details on Jonathan Silver's qualifications for the job he had, please let me know? My guess is that he was just a little more qualified than Obama.

PS--The DOE mandated that power companies had to buy back power from people who invested in solar energy at the "retail" rate when he power company could buy this same power for about 15% of "retail".  They then passed their extra cost of power to the consumer.  As long as the amount of power the power company had to buy at "retail" was small, customers did not see that they were being screwed by the DOE mandate.  As the amount of solar power that the power company increased, so did the power bills to their customers.  Now, the customers in Nevada have realized that the DOE was screwing them and they have revolted by eliminating the mandate to buy back solar power at "retail" prices.  When will more people wake up that the they are being screwed by renewable power games?