Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Responsibility

 Here is another way to look at politics and voters.  I think you will find it interesting.

I have been complaining about the poor performance of Blacks in the USA.  I have never meant this as a means of dementing Blacks.  I have only tried to point out the problem.  Some times I have proposed solutions, but I may have been wrong.  Now, I have come to a different approach to this and other similar problems and it focuses on "responsibility".  Now, what do I mean about "responsibility?"

Look at literacy.  Now I see literacy as  the result of "responsibility".  How can that be?  It is the responsibility of both individuals and their parents to see that they learn to read and write.  To do so is a demonstration of their responsibility to themselves, other members of society and the country. Another way to look at this is that a person who does not make the effort to learn to read and write is to let down themselves, their parents, society and the country.  Look at places like South Korea and Finland where the literacy rates are 100%.  Those people are much more responsible that Blacks and even while people here in the USA. Notice that it has not been government or government spending that has made literacy in South Korea and Finland near 100%, but individual responsibility.

I could come up with all kinds of examples similar to the above, but I think you get the message. look at all the money the USA spends on prisons and law enforcement.  We have the highest percentage of our citizens in prison and we also spend more money, per capita, on law enforcement and it is all the result of our citizens being among the most irresponsible of any country in the world.  That is a fact.

How can countries like Finland afford to have free healthcare for all of their citizens and the USA can not afford to do the same thing?  Finland's citizens are more responsible and that is how they can  afford the cost.

Why are the streets in South Korea and Finland so clean?  Does the government pay people to sweep the streets?  No!  The responsible citizens don't throw trash on the streets in the first place.  If you were to throw trash on the street the responsible citizens of South Korea and Finland would confront you and call attention to your lack of responsibility and they would pick up the trash if that were required.  If you look around the world, you will see some countries where the streets are clean and their citizens are responsible.  We could to that same thing here in the USA if we as individuals were responsible and if we demanded similar responsibility from others.  We would also have to not look the other way and not be so courteous to others.  It has been this misguided attitude that has gotten the USA  into our current situation.  Stop being nice if you what to clean the streets here in the USA. 

Who does the USA belong too?  It belongs to all of us individually and for that reason, we are individually responsible for it and we all need to expect and demand that for every other person who claims to be a citizen of the USA.  People who are here who are not citizens are "guests" and as such we need to demand that they are responsible and if not we need to also be responsible and deport them.  It is that simple.  Are you a responsible citizen of the USA?