Monday, December 27, 2021

Observations

 What do us humans do every day?  Observations!  That is the point of this blog.

I have been making intelligent observations for over 70 years.  How about you?  Most of us humans have a brain and we use that brain to make observations.  From the data gained by those observations we then look for patterns.  The identification of those patterns is what makes us humans, humans. 

I am both a hunter and a fisherman and I think that I am better than average in both cases.  Why is that?  I collect observations about deer, pheasants and fish and store that data away until I have enough to see if there is some kind of pattern.  Well, I have noticed patterns and I use those patterns to hunt and fish.  I also score when I do hunt and fish.  How about you?  How did you learn to hunt and fish?

If you are not the type of person who collects observations, then you miss much of what being human and alive is all about.  Recently I have notices something on TV that has caught my attention.  What could that be?  It could be almost anything, but in this case it is about the color of Blacks on TV,  If you have noticed, some are darker than others.  Why do you think that might be?  I don't know at this stage.  All I know is that in the data that I have observed it seems that females are much lighter colored than are males. When I first notices this relationship, I started marking down my observations so that I could be more sure of my observations.  So far my data shows that 91% of the time when there are both Black males and females on TV, the males are darker than the females.  Have any of you noticed this relationship?

Considering the number of observations, I have to think that this is very significant.  That means that the chances of this situation being caused randomly is almost "zero".    I think that we all know that if your sample is small, you can have little trust in the results.  If you were to study Statistics in college, you would already know this.

I am going to end this blog at this point and ask you to make your own observations about what you see on TV or in life and see if that data results in some kind of pattern.  It is the identification of those patterns what makes us all humans.