I just purchased a "Scent Slammer" from a sporting goods store that is used by hunters to sterilize their hunting clothes. I will explain in this blog how I use it.
In prior blogs, I pointed out that hunters have been using ozone generators of different types to kill their scent when they are in their hunting blinds for years. They also use them to kill the scent and sterilize their hunting clothes. I just purchased a unit that has a rechargeable battery that you can put into a duffel bag with your hunting clothes to kill any smell and sterilize your clothes. Here is how I am going to use it.
When I have to go out to buy food and supplies, I am going to wear gloves and a special jacket. When I get home, I am going to put my gloves and jacket plus any thing that I have purchased into a 30 gallon plastic garbage can with the Ozone generator for 30 minutes. Since Ozone is heavier than air, the garbage can should hold all the Ozone generated. After I go into the house and wash my hands, I will go back out and bring in my stuff, including what I had purchased.
I think this is a simple and inexpensive procedure to assure that I do not bring home any virus. I can use this unit to sterilize the car or truck that I used as well. If, for some reason, I would be concerned about a room in my home, I could put the unit in the room and close the door. This could be done for the whole house while I was out for a walk or some other outside activity. The mfg does not recommend the use of the unit in a closed space with people!
It is still interesting that you hear little about the use of these common hunting devices on the news or any place else. Ultraviolet is also very good, but is more difficult and expensive to get set up right. Hospitals and airplanes almost all use ultraviolet to sterilize their air and most people don't even know it.
PS--I noticed on the TV News that there is a small Ozone generating unit that is being marketed to CPAP users to clean and sterilize their equipment. It costs $99.00, it has a rechargeable battery and a small case for sterilizing the mask. Why isn't this being marketed for the virus? Businesses could have one of these just outside their door and require 100% of people to sterilize their masks before the come into the store. They could also have a container of hand sterilizer there too.
In prior blogs, I pointed out that hunters have been using ozone generators of different types to kill their scent when they are in their hunting blinds for years. They also use them to kill the scent and sterilize their hunting clothes. I just purchased a unit that has a rechargeable battery that you can put into a duffel bag with your hunting clothes to kill any smell and sterilize your clothes. Here is how I am going to use it.
When I have to go out to buy food and supplies, I am going to wear gloves and a special jacket. When I get home, I am going to put my gloves and jacket plus any thing that I have purchased into a 30 gallon plastic garbage can with the Ozone generator for 30 minutes. Since Ozone is heavier than air, the garbage can should hold all the Ozone generated. After I go into the house and wash my hands, I will go back out and bring in my stuff, including what I had purchased.
I think this is a simple and inexpensive procedure to assure that I do not bring home any virus. I can use this unit to sterilize the car or truck that I used as well. If, for some reason, I would be concerned about a room in my home, I could put the unit in the room and close the door. This could be done for the whole house while I was out for a walk or some other outside activity. The mfg does not recommend the use of the unit in a closed space with people!
It is still interesting that you hear little about the use of these common hunting devices on the news or any place else. Ultraviolet is also very good, but is more difficult and expensive to get set up right. Hospitals and airplanes almost all use ultraviolet to sterilize their air and most people don't even know it.
PS--I noticed on the TV News that there is a small Ozone generating unit that is being marketed to CPAP users to clean and sterilize their equipment. It costs $99.00, it has a rechargeable battery and a small case for sterilizing the mask. Why isn't this being marketed for the virus? Businesses could have one of these just outside their door and require 100% of people to sterilize their masks before the come into the store. They could also have a container of hand sterilizer there too.