Monday, March 2, 2020

Coronavirus Test Kit

I was watching the News this morning and they were interviewing a doctor from New York.  He had all kind of bad things to say about how the virus is being handled by our government.  I thought that I needed to shed some light where he only saw darkness.

The doctor said that there was no excuse for the USA not having test kits for the virus and went on to bad mouth the government even more.  As I listened to him, it became clear that we have a serious problem with the education and intellect of our doctors. It seems that they mostly work by the application of "protocols".  Those are little more than recipes like we use to cook cakes and pies.  They do little real thinking.  It is not just doctors who have this problem.  It is thru out our education system.  I call it "algorithms".  Our education system seems to teach these "algorithms" and  the students go away thinking that they have been educated.  A good cook often does not follow the "recipe", but goes beyond the "recipe" to prepare a great dish.

Now look at the shortage of test kits.  I would guess that they have test kits for the other known types of the flu.  If a person comes in with flu symptoms, they could test to see if it was a know strain of the flu and if it was not, then it must be some unknown type flu.  Follow that one?  Isn't the coronavirus one of these unknown strains?  Hello!

Further, even if they know that it is this unknown strain, how do they treat it?  Oh, they need some kind of protocol or recipe.  How does having or not having a test kid make any difference?  I have developed AI programs to trouble shoot very complex systems and the process of elimination is always a key method to consider.  Why don't our doctors understand this?  Did they ever hear about the "null set"?   I am not going to explain it here, but you should know what that is.

Later in the News, they reported that the most trusted data on the flu was coming from North Korea and there the mortality rate from the flu was about 0.2%.  That is two out of a thousand for those of you who had difficulty with 4th grade math. If that is the case, why is there such a panic?  Further, it is my understanding that no children between the ages of 1 to 10 have died.  It has only been older people who already had health problems and the new born.

Here is another point.  Iran appears to have a very disproportionate number of these flu cases,  Why do you think that is?  Have you ever been inside of a Masque?  Well, I have been in several including the Taj Mahal.  All those going into a Masque are required to take off their shoes.  When they pray in the Masque up to 5 time a day they get down on their knees and put their heads on the floor.  They do use small prayer rugs, but I am sure they do not wash them between prayers. How many time per day have you been on your knees down on the floor with people doing the same thing all around you?  Never!  Many of their rituals require touching different objects.  I am not sure about shaking hands.

Here is another thing.  They never put their left hand on the dinner table.  That is because their religion tells them to use the left had to wipe their bottom.  Interesting isn't it?  They practice sanitation by never spitting on the side walk, so the spit on the walls.  When it rains, it does not flush the spit off the walls,  It stays there.  These are just a couple of reasons why there may be more flu in Iran than in other places, but you will never hear this any where else.