I have been researching Global Warming and find that there is very little research being done to counter the concept of Global Warming. It reminds me of the days when 99% of the people believed that the world was "flat". There are still many people who still believe that the world is flat. The fact is the early Egyptians knew that the world was "not" flat. That was over 6,000 years ago and it was only about 1,000 years ago that the Catholic Church arrested Galileo for claiming that the world was really round. The claim by those who believe in Global Warming use the same logic that people used for over 5,000 years to try to make people believe the world was "flat". Now, this business of Global Warming has only been on the front burner for about 25 or 30 years, so it is not in the same league as the "Flat Earth" group. I think you can see the challenge that I have to try to be one of those voices in the wilderness saying, "Wait a minute. Global warming may not be correct". That is the point of this blog and other to come.
In past blogs, I have challenged the Global Warming people to tell me what caused the Ice Age and what caused it to end. So far none have been able to come up with a logical answer. I have asked about oil and have gotten similar blank looks. I have studied the works of Newton and Einstein and their theories. Those have either been proven to be true or been unable to be disproved. Those are the types that I give weight too, not the light weights that accept Global Warming as a religion that they follow with "blind" faith. Blind faith mean that you don't use your brain. That is not me.
I have traveled over much of this Earth and collected observations of many strange geological facts. Some of these are coal and oil deposits, marble quarries and the Great Lakes. Like most people, I have many questions about what I have seen. Take coal. I have found deposits of coal that were many feet thick and I know that they were formed from plant material that took thousands of years per inch. I also noticed that there was almost no transition from when the coal started to form to when it suddenly ended. I found similar things in Marble quarries. What do you think about this?
Here is what I think. Something very sudden and significant had to have happen to start and end the coal and marble formation. You could say the same about salt mines or sulfur mines. The other thing is that the Earth had to have been in some kind of very stable "node" for many thousands of years for the above formations to have formed. Similarly something caused their sudden end. What could those be?
The first place that I looked was our Sun. Over time I think that it's rate of energy radiation has changed and changed significantly and rapidly. The second place is objects from space ramming into the Earth and the Sun. Never hear much about things hitting the Sun. It has so much gravity that you would expect the Sun to be hit by many more and larger objects. It seems clear that the Earth has been affected by both gradual changes and large sudden changes. We need to explore these possibilities. We also have observational data of other planets in our solar system that we need to look at too. I think that, if we have a correct theory, like Newton or Einstein, it should be able to explain the many strange events that seem to have affected the geology of our Earth. You want to hear some of my theories?
Now, back to green house gases. We have at least three significant green house gases that I will discuss. Those are water vapor, carbon dioxide and ozone. The theory is that these gases have more than two atoms and thus are more dense than those with two atoms like Oxygen and Nitrogen. Ozone is heavier than Oxygen and Nitrogen molecules that make up 99% of our atmosphere and Ozone is mostly at high altitudes because that is where it is formed. Because it is located at high altitude, it is our first line of defense against radiation from the Sun. Water vapor is mostly located at low altitude and works to prevent heat from radiating back into space similar to what carbon dioxide does only water vapor accounts for several times the affect of carbon dioxide. Changes in these green house gases can change over time and here is my theory.
I think that there are several ways that our Earth can lose these gases suddenly but no way to suddenly get more. This is an important point. If our observations of Earth's geology indicate sudden changes, we need to consider how our atmosphere could have changed suddenly. If we had a sudden storm or some kind on the Sun such that the amount of radiation rose to the point of over heating the Earth, it could have caused much of our atmosphere to escape into space. It might have had less affect on water in our oceans since they have much more mass and ability to absorb heat. We could have had several of these events over time and our Earth was lucky to have survived while planets like Mars did not! Like many systems, when you go beyond some "tipping point" there is no return. Here is such a possibility.
When coal was being form, the Earth needed to be much warmer, wetter and have a thick atmosphere with lots of carbon dioxide that plants turned into coal. One reason that the Earth was so warm and hospitable for plants is that there was a lot of green house gas. This gas had accumulated slowly over a long period of stability. Once the Sun caused much of the atmosphere to boil into space and the Sun returned to "normal", there was not enough green house gas to maintain the temperature of the Earth and it cooled significantly.
I'll be back!
In past blogs, I have challenged the Global Warming people to tell me what caused the Ice Age and what caused it to end. So far none have been able to come up with a logical answer. I have asked about oil and have gotten similar blank looks. I have studied the works of Newton and Einstein and their theories. Those have either been proven to be true or been unable to be disproved. Those are the types that I give weight too, not the light weights that accept Global Warming as a religion that they follow with "blind" faith. Blind faith mean that you don't use your brain. That is not me.
I have traveled over much of this Earth and collected observations of many strange geological facts. Some of these are coal and oil deposits, marble quarries and the Great Lakes. Like most people, I have many questions about what I have seen. Take coal. I have found deposits of coal that were many feet thick and I know that they were formed from plant material that took thousands of years per inch. I also noticed that there was almost no transition from when the coal started to form to when it suddenly ended. I found similar things in Marble quarries. What do you think about this?
Here is what I think. Something very sudden and significant had to have happen to start and end the coal and marble formation. You could say the same about salt mines or sulfur mines. The other thing is that the Earth had to have been in some kind of very stable "node" for many thousands of years for the above formations to have formed. Similarly something caused their sudden end. What could those be?
The first place that I looked was our Sun. Over time I think that it's rate of energy radiation has changed and changed significantly and rapidly. The second place is objects from space ramming into the Earth and the Sun. Never hear much about things hitting the Sun. It has so much gravity that you would expect the Sun to be hit by many more and larger objects. It seems clear that the Earth has been affected by both gradual changes and large sudden changes. We need to explore these possibilities. We also have observational data of other planets in our solar system that we need to look at too. I think that, if we have a correct theory, like Newton or Einstein, it should be able to explain the many strange events that seem to have affected the geology of our Earth. You want to hear some of my theories?
Now, back to green house gases. We have at least three significant green house gases that I will discuss. Those are water vapor, carbon dioxide and ozone. The theory is that these gases have more than two atoms and thus are more dense than those with two atoms like Oxygen and Nitrogen. Ozone is heavier than Oxygen and Nitrogen molecules that make up 99% of our atmosphere and Ozone is mostly at high altitudes because that is where it is formed. Because it is located at high altitude, it is our first line of defense against radiation from the Sun. Water vapor is mostly located at low altitude and works to prevent heat from radiating back into space similar to what carbon dioxide does only water vapor accounts for several times the affect of carbon dioxide. Changes in these green house gases can change over time and here is my theory.
I think that there are several ways that our Earth can lose these gases suddenly but no way to suddenly get more. This is an important point. If our observations of Earth's geology indicate sudden changes, we need to consider how our atmosphere could have changed suddenly. If we had a sudden storm or some kind on the Sun such that the amount of radiation rose to the point of over heating the Earth, it could have caused much of our atmosphere to escape into space. It might have had less affect on water in our oceans since they have much more mass and ability to absorb heat. We could have had several of these events over time and our Earth was lucky to have survived while planets like Mars did not! Like many systems, when you go beyond some "tipping point" there is no return. Here is such a possibility.
When coal was being form, the Earth needed to be much warmer, wetter and have a thick atmosphere with lots of carbon dioxide that plants turned into coal. One reason that the Earth was so warm and hospitable for plants is that there was a lot of green house gas. This gas had accumulated slowly over a long period of stability. Once the Sun caused much of the atmosphere to boil into space and the Sun returned to "normal", there was not enough green house gas to maintain the temperature of the Earth and it cooled significantly.
I'll be back!