Friday, August 21, 2015

Don't Disrespect Me!

I don't know when I heard it first, but it was some time ago.  They have even shortened it to just "dis'ed". You know where I heard it.  It was from the Black community.  They seem to have tumbled to the fact that many people do not respect them.  They got that part right, but they have been a little too slow figuring out "why" many people do not respect them.  That is the point of this blog.

I blogged earlier about Dr. Ben Carson's statement that "we all need to put some skin in the game".  How could anyone not understand the significance of that simple statement?  When I was a very small kid, my mother told me the story about the "Little Red Hen" and I never forgot it.  How about you?  Like Dr Ben Carson's statement, the story had a simple but very significant meaning.  After the Little Red Hen grew the grain without the help of any of the other chickens, they all wanted to get their "fair share" of her grain.  Had the other chickens helped with the growing of the grain and thus had some "skin in the game", it was clear that the Little Red Hen would have shared the grain with them.  In an updated version of the story, we would hear that the other chickens were disrespected by the Little Red Hen.  Isn't that the idea of the story?

Now too the Black community.  Isn't it clear that the Black  community expects some kind of "fair share" without ever putting any skin in the game just like those other chickens?  Here is a very simple way that Blacks could start putting some skin in the game and that is to stop resisting arrest.  I have been keeping track of the Blacks who have been killed by police and 99% were resisting arrest.  I know that liberals only want 100% solutions and in this world there are very very few perfect solutions for anything.  This seems to be the simple minded attitude of Blacks too.  If Blacks stopped resisting arrest, it would eliminate 99% of the Blacks killed by police.  I think that is a very big pay off for that one simple act.  How about you. Do you think that the police should have respect for people who resist arrest?  How about drug dealers?  How about people who do not finish high school?  How about people who have kids out of wedlock?  How about people who really don't want a job?

If you really want respect, you have to earn it!!!!  It is not that hard either, but it does take personal effort and responsibility.  The bottom line is that it does not cost a dime to earn respect!!! There is one big item that needs to be recognized and that is. "you can not just demand respect" or feel that your problem of "disrespect" is someone else's problem.  It is your problem, so get used to it!!!