I was just watching Juan Williams comment on the handling, by the grand jury, the Ferguson case. He said that if a community like the Black community in Ferguson does not trust the police, then in a case like the Brown shooting, it should go to a full trial rather than letting the grand jury determine if it justifies a full trial. What do you think of that? I think that we can all agree that if the exact same thing were to have happened in a mostly White community, none of the rioting and lawlessness would have happened. What Juan Williams is proposing is that we adopt a double standard, one for the dominate Black community and a different one for the dominate White community. I don't know how anyone with half a brain and any understanding of law or the history of the USA could make such a statement. How about you? I feel that the greatest thing about the USA is the rule of law and the fact that the law is "blind" such that all are treated equally under the law no matter the color or financial station.
It seems this thing of trust keeps coming up with the implication that it affects how others who obey the law should treat a special group who bas much less concerned about the rule of law. I give you the Mexicans who violate our borders. How can they expect to be accepted in a country that prides itself on the rule of law if they just broke the law by coming into the USA illegally? The USA has one of the best records of any country in the world in terms of obeying the law and paying the taxes that we owe. I know for a fact that Mexico has a very low tax collection rate due mostly to that lack of respect for the law in Mexico. We don't need more people with that kind of attitude. A little off the subject, but it is related to the rule of law and its equal application.
I think that if Juan Williams reviews his recent statement about Ferguson that he will retract or at least clear up exactly what he meant. If he really feels that we need some kind of double standard related to Blacks, then the USA has a real problem that may never have a solution.