I think that I may need to define some terms before I get into this blog. First, "stupidity". These are the decisions made by people and includes both what they do and what they do not do. An example would be to drop out of high school or to take only easy classes. Another might be to do or sell drugs, or to have children out of wedlock or have kids that you can not afford to care for. It could also include going to college and taking courses that gave you no chance of finding a good paying job. People who do the above, I define, as "stupid". Next, "insurance". Insurance is a way to transfer or share risk. In this case the insurance is supposed to cover those "bad" things that happen to you as a result of "stupidity". That is the name, "stupidity insurance".
Here is how it works. If you are one of these stupid people who have made stupid decision during your life and now can not find a good paying job, the stupidity insurance "compensates" you for your lack of earnings. See how it works? You can't find a job that pays enough for you to have a reasonable quality of life, so the insurance give you money in terms of welfare, public housing or food stamps. This same insurance also kicks in when you have kids out of wedlock or kids that you can not afford. The difference between "stupidity insurance" and regular insurance is that the person who is covered by "stupidity insurance" does not have to pay for the insurance. It is paid for by people who are not stupid. Non-stupid people are the ones who pay the bills for the stupid people.
All kinds of liberal groups including the Catholic church feels that non-stupid people should "share" the results of their responsible conduct with stupid people. It is very interesting that these same liberal groups do not also expect the stupid people to have to do anything different in order to get covered by the stupidity insurance. Stupid people do not have to stop using or selling drugs or stop getting knocked up out of wedlock or get a job in order to keep collecting from stupidity insurance.
Look at all the services provided to stupid people by non-stupid people? Food stamps, Obamacare and I could go on and on. Are you starting to think that I have the names of these two groups mixed up? Maybe I am. If all the non-stupid people keep paying the stupidity insurance for the stupid people, then maybe the non-stupid people are really the stupid ones.
We have to stop being stupid!!!!!