With all the bull shit that flows around Washington DC, isn't it interesting that we never hear any kind of debate about "National Priorities". Is seems that Obama simply ordains our "National Priorities". I only have a two things that guide me in my position on most things. You ask, "What are those?" Well, that is the point of this blog.
Point number one----Are we working on the right thing or things. If you are not working on the highest priority item, you can't be working on the right thing and that is where we are now.
Point number two---Are we getting our monies worth. If you are not getting your monies worth, there is no reason to be working on what ever you are working on. Simple isn't it?
I am going to make a short list of items to see if we can prioritize them. There are all kinds of point systems that you could use to prioritize things, but the best that I have found is just simple rank ordering. That means the most important one on top and the least important on the bottom. Here is my list of items that seem to be on the national table.
* Diversity
* Wealth Redistribution
* Global Warming
* Obamacare
* High School Drop Out Rate
* Minimum Wage
* High Cost Of College
* Immigration Policy
* Medical Cost
* Gun Control
I think that is 10 items. Anyone could make up a list and it would be different from mine, but that is not the point. My challenge to you is to rank these from most important to least important. Once you have done that make a column next to your list and rank from 1-10 the effort, money or national wealth that is being devoted to each. Now look at your list and see how things match up. Is your top item being given the most national resources? I know in advance that it is not and that is the problem.
I won't give you my numbers yet, but I will give you the top and bottom items on my list. The most important is "High School Drop Out Rate". It is 40%. That means only 60% of our kids graduate high school. This is a leading indicator of where we are going to end up as a nation and what our quality of life is going to be in the future. You know already that we are not getting out monies worth on what we are now doing in the area of education don't you? My 10th item is "Diversity" and you know what this is. We now have a lot of smart people wasting their own time and our tax money trying to do something that is not the business of any government. It is about the same as our government getting into religion and I think that you know what that would be like.
I would be very interested in where you would rank Obamacare on your list. It is on the top of Obama's list, but I am sure that when you think about it, it will not be very high on your list. My guess is that you will have a difficult time figuring if it is above or below Global Warming. That is just an example of how far off track our priorities have become. You know that we need to get our priorities straight don't you? How are we going to do that? You and me are going to have to start some place and this is as good of a place as there is......."Period" (Sorry, that one has already been used!)