We keep hearing all the talking heads talking about how bad the Federal budget is and that we need to figure out how to cut costs. This sounds like hand wringing, but no one seems to want to come forward with specific solutions. Well I have specific recommendations, so here they are.
The first thing that I would do is to fire 50% of the lawyers in every Federal department. I know a lot of lawyers and I can tell you first hand that these are not the kinds of people who you want in charge or managing anything. Getting rid of just 50% of them would have little affect on the workings of our government.
The second group that I would fire are people with Political Science degrees. From what I know about people with these degrees is that they could not get a real job that paid enough to pay for their coffee at Starbucks. I would also fire 50% of these just like the lawyers. What we would get is a significant reduction in government spending along with an incentive for out kids to take majors in college that actually produced something. Do you know what lawyers or political science majors produce that anyone around the world wold want to buy? I don't.
The final group that I would reduce are people with Journalism degrees. I would also fire 50% of these too. What do you think that people with journalism degrees produce that anyone needs? I have no idea and I do not think you do either.
If we would take the simple actions that I have recommended above, I think that we would get our country moving again. This is a simple and specific plan that is clear cut and one that would be very easy to implement. It would take less than 30 days to implement my program. If some one else has a better program, I want to hear it.