Have you noticed on the news how many companies that Obama has visited have gone bankrupt. First was a window company who made "green" windows. Now it is a couple of solar panel companies. This is after they have gotten million from the government. One thing that you can be sure of is that the presidents of these companies have been well paid and they have donated to the Obama re-election fund. The truth is that it is a lot worse than what is being reported on the liberal news.
Think about it this way. The government gives a lot of money and loans to these green companies. When the companies go bankrupt, one of the creditor is us taxpayers. We don't get a dime for the money that we have loaned or given for free. We have the further problem is that these companies hired a lot of buddies from the Obama "list". Remember how I pointed this "list" business out when Allende was President of Chile? Allende's goons had the list, but we did not hire any of the people on the list. You can bet that Obama had his "list" and it got results. Now that the people who were hired are now out of work, us taxpayers will pay them "more" in unemployment than they ever made working at the green companies. Interesting isn't it? Work for a green company for a year and draw unemployment for the rest of your life. That is just one small point.
I don't know what you pay for electricity in your area, but I pay about $0.12/kwh. That means it will cost me $0.12 to run 12 hundred watt lights for one hour. In prior Blogs, I pointed out that all this green power is not available 100% of the time, while power from coal and oil is available 100% of the time. Now as you would expect, power that is only available part of the time would sell for less and it does. I heat my house with electricity that is not available 100% of the time. During high demand periods, the power company cuts off my power for a couple of hours a day, just for my heating system. For allowing them to cut off my power they sell me the power for half price or $0.06/kwh. I know from research that they buy power for about $0.02/kwh from the coal fired generating plant. Here is where it gets more interesting.
Because the power companies are highly regulated, they are required to "buy" back power from green sources at the retail rate or $0.12/kwh. When you first hear this, you might think that it is a good idea. If the power company sells you power for $0.12/kwh, then why should they not buy power back from you at the same price? Here is the real impact. If the power company can buy "interuptable" power from the coal fired power plant for $0.02/kwh, but the regulation says that they have to buy form a green company for at $0.12/kwh, who is picking up the difference of $0.10/kwh? That is the rub. We all are by having to pay more for out power. It is a little extra here and a little extra there, but in the end it adds up to billions. This means this whole green thing is costing us many times more than just the millions that are being given to the green companies.
When I was a kid, I used to hear my father say that, "...a fool and his money don't stay together very long..." Obama and his policies is this "fool". I an individual or a company or a country invests in stupid things, they are all going to lose. It is very difficult for a company to make it. Most fail. Only the ones who make the best investment decisions make it and that goes for individual as well as countries. If you can name a single area of government spending that has been a good investment in the long run, I want to know it. There have been a few, very few. This whole green thing is by far the stupidest that I have ever seen and there does not seem to be any end to it.
Obama and the green movement have this "false" argument that we need to be energy independent. What difference would that make? None. Of the major economies of the world, we are already clearly the most energy independent. We have more coal and oil than any of our major competitor. Russia would be the only exception. If we really need more oil, then why is Obama at every opportunity making it more difficult and more expensive to produce energy? There can only be two possible answers. First, he is stupid and doing all of these things because of his stupidity. Second, he is doing it to "trash" the United States. If you have some other reasons, I would like to hear them. I don't think Obama is stupid, so it has to be the latter. He wants to "Trash" this place and he is going a good job of that. I know that a lot you bleeding hearts can't accept that we could have such an animal in the White House, but I think we do. I have connected too many dots to think other wise. Watch the news over the next few months and see if one of them does not show you that we have spent a lot more on green energy than just the free money that we have given these green companies.
PS, I predict that the high tech battery company built in Detroit will turn out to be just as bad. We could have purchased the batteries fully assembled from Korea for much less. Wait and see. Check the GMC stock price. It has to get upto about $55/share for us tax payers go make out. It went public at $33 and has not seen that level since. Just wait!!!