Sunday, March 21, 2010
New Math--Call For Help
Most of my readers can remember when "New Math" came in about 1956 or 1957. It was supposed to revolutionize the teaching of math using "set theory". I think the results speak for themselves. The USA today has the "lowest" math scores in the world. I think it is clear to everyone that the so call "New Math" was a fraud from the start. I have talked to a few retired grade school teachers who are strong union people who still stick up for the so call "New Math". The fact that these people can't recognize a loser when they see it is testament to the quality of many of our teachers and union members. Rather than Blog on about my feelings toward the so call "New Math", I would like to see how many of you have an opinion on the subject. Send them in and I will publish them along with this Blog. How about some help here. You could say that "new Math", "did not have any cloths." Do you think Obama has "no cloths" too on this health care thing. Will it take us down the same road as "New Math" or the "Hole in the ozone layer". What % of the USA population even know what "ozone" is?