Most of you will never have heard of this one. Just what is "Forty Two Up"? It is one of the most memorable documentaries that I have ever seen. It is about a group of kids in England all born in 1957. Some guy got the idea of following these kids from age 7 on and checking in on them every 7 years. He has been documenting this group of kids as they have grown up with pictures and detailed interviews of them that he has documented over the past 42 years. It all started from an old saying. "that if you give me your child to age 7, I will give you the man". That is to say that you are who you are by the age of about 7. That, it is claimed, is about the time you have determined what kind of person you will be. In the documentary this point is made very clear. The only variable has to do with education. Those who progressed further thru the educational system clearly did better in most measures of quality of life. This is what you would have expected, but here he makes the point very clear. Look at your own past and tell me about yourself and what type of person you were at age 7 compared to today? If you are honest about yourself and your past, I think you will tend to agree with the documentary producer. Now you may ask, what is the purpose of all this? Well, it is very significant and I will tell you the reason why.
Our President Obama was raised by his hippy mother and her second Muslim husband mostly in Indonesia until Obama was age 8 when he came to Hawaii to live with his grandparents. Based on the "Forty Two Up" documentary, who Obama was and would be was set by this time. If you are skeptical, I suggest that you watch the "Forty Two Up" documentary and then decide. Now during the 8 years prior to going to live with his grandparents, Obama did not lead a normal American kid's life. It was different and strange by every measure. The result in my opinion is that it produced a person of whom I have a total zero of understanding. When he is confronted with a decision, he comes at it from angles that are completely foreign to me and everyone that I have ever known. That is the reason he appears to act so strange and illogical. He may wear modern American cloths and look like the average Black person, but he is different and don't forget it. Once you have watched the documentary above, the picture will look a lot clearer and a lot scarier. I said scarier and that is what I mean. Every time that he does something strange and he has done plenty, there is a tendency to spin it some way that "he can't be that bad" or "that stupid" because he looks and talks very normal, but deep inside he is "different" and "different" in big ways from most of us.
Had I not watched the documentary and relied on the materials that I have read or seen about how people can change and remake themselves, I would have believed the best about Obama. When you look into his life and understand how important those early years are in forming who a person is, you will think differently. I know that as the oldest son in a family of 3 boys, what happened early in my life has clearly formed who I am today. Through out most of my life I have been a very serious person who was, to some degree, driven. One event that stands out from my young life was when my father went into the Navy Sea Bee's during WWII. I had just turned 4 years old and it was the last meal at our dinner table before he left. He told the whole family that he was going away to fight in the war and that he would be gone a long time. He turned to me at age 4 and told me that while he was gone he wanted me to sit in his chair at the head of the table until he got back and be the man of the house. I recall looking him straight in the eye with the understanding that I would do exactly that. Now why would a father ask that of a 4 year old? Would he expect it to go in one ear and out the other or would he expect the 4 year old to totally understand the meaning and the responsibility? This is what happened and I think that our Obama was just like me when he was 4. Up to age 8 he was pounded on daily by his hippy mother and Muslim step father plus their peer group to form who he was to be and who he still is. See the problem more clearly now? As in the Bible, we have a "snake" within our midst. You may think this whole Blog is a bunch of bull, but you think about what I have had to say here and ask yourself if we have a "snake" in amongst us or not. Further, what are we or can we do about it?
PS, There is all kinds of info on "Forty Two Up" on the internet and a portion of it was once shown on PBS.
PS-----Forty Two Up is not mispelled. There are several sites on the internet with a lot of interesting information. Search "forty two up" on google.