I have a good friend who is a devoted "Liberal" and I am trying to argue with her that she needs to be more honest about her set of supposed facts that she is basing her "liberal" opinions on. I am going to share some of my failed arguments in this blog.
The first off is related to the classified documents seized from Trump at Mara lago. She sees Trump as a clear law breaker because he challenged the claim by Biden's DA that Trump had to immediately release the documents to the "archives" department. I argued that Trump, as President, had a life time top secret clearance and that he had the rights as President to "declassify" documents and that there was no law or written documentation of how he could do that. I argued that only the Supreme Court had the authority to make a decision related to if Trump had to release the documents, not a lower court. This all fell on deaf ears. The way this should have been handled would have been to defer to the Supreme Court if Trump had to give up the documents. This never happened.
I asked if she had ever seen any of the wrist bands worn by illegal immigrants and she said, "No". I showed her, using the internet, piles of colored wrist bands that illegal immigrants left behind as they crossed the border. The article explained that the outlaws in Mexico used the wrist bands to keep track of who had paid their "tax" to cross the border. This was the first time she understood that the outlaws in Mexico were getting rich by collecting a "tax" on all those who illegally cross our borders. She did start to understand how the Biden administration contributed to illegal immigration, but would not stop blaming Trump.
We then moved on to a "need for illegal immigrant workers". She asked about needing illegal workers to do work that USA citizens refused to do. She seemed to feel that she had finally cornered me, but has she? I proposed that the solution might be growing tomatoes in Mexico and then just allowing us to import them. She did not understand that with the above, eventually the USA would be importing all of our food and our farmers would have to go on welfare. I reminded her that when we have had illegal immigrants working here, they send a percentage of what they earn back to places like Mexico. In the case of Mexico, over 8% of their economy is in the form of these types of "remittances". The same thing happens with India too.
Are you starting to see how these liberals are to some degree are "brain dead"? I tried.