Thursday, November 7, 2024

High or Low?


This is a strange title, but I think you will see that it is very significant as I expand it further in this blog.

I am going to start out with how I first stumbled onto this whole concept.  It has to do with deer hunting and I have been a deer hunter since I was very young.  Here is the decision that drove this concept.  When you shoot at a deer, you know that you can never shoot "exactly" where you want.  If that is the case, it brings up the next question and that is, is it better to error on the high side or the low side?  How would you answer that question given that you accept the fact that you can never make the "perfect" shot?  I thought about it and decided that, since I could not make the perfect shot, do I shoot high or low? I chose "high" and why was that?  Here is my logic.  I could miss if I was too far high or low, but if I shot low it would kick up dirt below the deer and it would run away, thus not giving me a second shot.  If on the other hand, I shot high, the deer would not even know that I shot at him and I have the chance for a second shot.  See how it works?  Now back to the blog.

Trump proposes to want to cut taxes to get the economy going as he did the last time he was in office, but things have changed.  Now it is excess spending by our government that is the root of our problems. If Trump addresses the spending problem as #1, it begs the title of this blog, "High or Low".  We know that Trump will not be able to cut spending by the perfect amount, just like me shooting the deer perfectly.  What do you think?  Should Trump cut too little or too much and why?  Trump only has 4 years and that is all.  If he takes a lot of time analysing things, he might get nearer to perfect, but that would waste time and thus reduce the net impact.  I think that he should work fast and error on the side of cutting too much because he could always correct his decision by spending more.

Are you starting to see why this whole concept is so critical?  We know that people will defend the fact that their job and cost are critical and important, but they have a vested and biased in what they will be saying.  If the elimination of the job or cost is an error, the data showing that will be clear and unbiased.  Are you starting to see how all this works?  If you agree, go out and promote it with your friends.