Friday, October 6, 2023

Root Cause

 We hear all this talk about "Root Cause", yet no one really digs into exactly what it means or is.  Well, I am going to do that in this blog.

To understand "Root Cause", we first need to step away so that we are not so close to the trees that we can not see the forest.  I think that you can follow that.  I want to start with banks.  We all know about banks so we all can get off on the same foot.  The big problem with banks is that they get robbed from time to time and we can lose our money and that is bad.  The whole idea of a bank is to put our money some place where it is safe and that is the bank. 

The "Root Cause" or problem faced by a bank is robbery and we need to examine exactly what is the "Root Cause".  I think it is because we have money in the bank.  Think about what a bank would be like if it did not have any money or any thing of value in it?  Isn't that the definition of "Root Cause"?  We eliminate the money and we eliminate bank robbery.  Easy enough.  With that knowledge, I could be come Vic President.

Wait, there may be another solution and that is to have a vault or armed guards with guns to protect the money in the bank.  That works, but not 100%.  Now, the people of the USA expect that if it is a real solution that it would work 100% of the time or be perfect.  Vaults and guards are not perfect and thus are not an acceptable solution, but they are a "reasonable" solution compared to not putting our money in banks.

Now the border.  Here again the voters of the USA expect a perfect solution and what is that?  The only one that I can see is the same as the bank solution and that is to take the money or any thing of value out of the USA.  That means we first need to bankrupt the USA and then people will not want to come here.  Now, that is a perfect solution and I think it is exactly what Biden is trying to do.  Look around and tell me if the USA is a better place to want to come to now than it was just 5 years ago?  I think that answer is an easy one.

Now, let's look at banks again.  How did they come up with a solution that was not 100% perfect but one where they could keep their money safe enough to give customers enough confidence to put their money into it?  I think they used vaults and armed guards.  From time to time the guards even shoot a few bank robbers.  With all of this effort, we don't have very many bank robbers and the few that we do have 99% get caught and put in jail.

When I look back on the problems that we face with the border, isn't it easy and logical that we should look at our country just like a bank and that we should protect it just like they protect banks?  Simple, simple.