Sunday, October 29, 2023

Global Warming & Population

 I do not know why there is not more discussion about population growth when people are discussing global warming.  In this blog I will show you the impact of "compounding" on global warming.

Before I get into explaining "compounding", I would like to tell you a short story that opened my eyes on the subject.  I was living in Buenos Aires and I knew that the growth rate of their population was much slower than here in the USA.  I did not think too much about it, because I thought that the main reason for the population growth rate of the USA was immigration.  My eyes were opened after having dinner with an Argentine family with three kids.  I only had two kids, so that was more than I had.  When I thought about the contradiction I became aware of a major difference between the USA and Argentina.  What was that?  In Argentina the girls get married and have kids later in life than do girls in the USA and that is one of the big keys to why their population growth rate is lower than the USA.  Now I am going to explain why.

Most people understand compound interests and they know that the longer you keep your money in a saving account that pays interest the more money you are going to earn.  If you were earning 10% interest and you had it in the bank for two years, you would have two compounding periods and your one dollar after two years would be worth $1.21 and after three years it would be worth $1.331. Here is how that affects population growth

Let's examine three examples. (1) The girl has her first child when she is 15, (2) The girl has her first kid when she is 20.  (3) The girl has her first kid when she is 25.  For this example, let's compound the numbers of kids for 75 years.  That being the case, the 15 year old would compound 75/15=5 times and the 20 year old 3.75 times and the 25 year old would compound 3 times.  Got that so far?

Next, let's do the compounding. The 15 year old compounds 5 times at 2 times which comes out to 32.  Nest, the 20 year old compounds 3 75at 2 times which comes out to 14.  Next the 25 year old compounds 3 times which comes out to 8.

Now, let's look at the impact in my example above.

*15 years old----------------32 kids

*20 years old----------------14 kids

*25 years old----------------- 8 kids

Are you starting to see the impact of having kids so young?  It would be even worse if I added in the second or third kids and you know that the chances of a second or third kid is very much higher if the first one comes when they are much younger.

Look around and see what is happening right under your nose.  The young immigrants are mostly from over populated countries and that are much young when they have their first kids.  You know that if you have your eyes open.  If you are worried about global warming and understand that it is caused by our over population of the Earth, then you know what we need to do to slow it down.  In the example above, I am not proposing that families have fewer kids, only that they have that first one when they are older.  Look what it would do for education, poverty and homelessness.  I don't think this would be a big burden on anyone.  It would only require that they be more responsible.  I can also tell you that most out of wedlock births come to those who have their first kid at a younger age and many just keep on doing it.  Wake up.

PS--Do your own research.  Here is what I found for age of mother when she had her first child.

* Africa---------------------------below 20

* Central America ------------------20-21

* Europe------------------------------25-28

* Japan-----------------------------Over 30 

It has to be clear to all the impact of mothers being old when they birth their first child. Only Africa has a higher rate of teenage child birth than Central America in the world.  Exactly what is the :root cause" of the illegal immigration across our southern border?