My wife just died of cancer and I was the main "care giver". so I know first hand what I am talking about in this blog!
There is an old saying, "You have to take care of the care giver". Nothing could be more true today about the USA. I know that there a lot of people who have concern about others and want to help them. We see this all the time from churches and liberals and I do not dispute their concern. There is one thing that they never consider and that is that your have to "take care of the care giver". Many do not realize that it is the tax payers of the USA who are really the real "care givers"..All of the tender harted people who hand out that money are just "go betweens". and if someone does not take care of the economy of the USA there will be no more tax money available to do "care".
If that this not crystal clear, I don't know how I could make it any clearer. What happens in the end if no one takes care of the care giver, when the patient dies, so does the care giver. i don't think anyone wants that to happen and they never do, but it happens. I could site all kinds of situations where this very thing has happened and I think that you can too. Right now the economy of the USA is in serious problems that have been created by over spending. Out national debit is at a record level on the basis of anything you want to compare it with. It is like some third world country and I know we do not consider the USA a third world county.
There are times when one just has to face the music and a good example is when the care giver has done all that they can afford to do that they have to accept the end. Our President Carter appears to have don just that. He realized that the care giver has done all that he can and it is now time to put his life in the hands of the "hospice" people. I had to do this very same thing at the end. The problem is that as a country, there come a time when we too have to realize and make the right decision. In the case of our open ended support of the war between Russia and the Ukraine we have to start thinking about the care giver or when the Ukraine falls, so will the USA.
Remember to take care of the care giver and that mean you and me as well as our children and grandchildren!