Monday, October 23, 2017

Trees And Global Warming

Here is a different slant on global warming and trees.

I did a little research on the number of trees per person by country and found some interesting information.  Trees are the main plant that takes carbon dioxide out of the air.  To keep the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere down, we can either put less in or figure out how to take more out.  It is as simple as that.  If that is so, why is there not more discussion about trees?  In the past, I have blogged on the population density as a big factor in the global warming debate and it is highly correlated with tree density too.  Here is some of the data that I found.

Canada---------------8,953
Russia----------------4,451
Brazil---------------- 1,494
USA------------------  716
China-----------------  102
India------------------    28

This is all the data that I could find, but it gives you a good idea about the problem with not enough trees. Rather than building more wind mills and solar farms, why don't we just plant more trees?  Using my 4th grade math, the way to improve the tree per person ratio, you can either increase the number of trees or you can lower the number of people.  The results are the same when it comes to global warming.  I did find data on the USA by state and it tracks with population density too.

For the record, I own land that has several million trees and supports just two people.  Given that being the case, why don't I get more recognition for helping to reduce global warming?  Why do I have to live with poor mileage for my car and truck when I have all these trees?  Voters in Los Angeles are making me pay for the carbon dioxide that they are putting into the atmosphere.  Is that fair?

Look in the mirror and ask, "What are you doing to slow global warming?"

PS--Compared to China, the USA has 7 times as many trees per person and 25 times as India.  On this basis, which countries should be doing the most to reduce global warming?  Does the Paris Accord take the number of trees into account?  No!!!

PS--The Muslim countries of North Africa are the worst countries on Earth based on the number of trees per person and it is getting worse with their birth rate which is also among the highest.  What are all the global warming voices doing about the Muslims problem?  Nothing!