Thursday, August 24, 2017

What Do Politicians In Washington DC Think?

I have been listening to PC talk from politicians in Washington DC for years and I never hear anyone tell us what they actually think.  Don't  believe me?  I will explain my position in this blog.

Remember when a reporter asked Obama what his opinion was on a particular subject?  How did he answer?  The reporter wanted to find out what Obama was thinking about the subject.  Seems clear to me, but how did Obama answer?  He never revealed his opinion or what he was thinking.  What he did was to lecture the reporter on what "many people think".  How does he know what anyone thinks?  He only knows what he is thinking and he never reveals that.  Now, do understand the political two step?

This morning a reporter was asking Ryan what he thought about Trump's promise to shut down the government if they did not approve building the "wall".  How did Ryan answer that simple question?  He state that "the public" did not want a government shut down.  Does that simple minded statement have any real content?  No!  It would be like asking if he agreed with the idea of raising taxes.  Ryan would respond in PS political talk with, "people would not like a tax increase".  How much did we learn about Ryan's opinion or thinking?  Zero!

The idea of this blog is to point out how our politicians give us PC talk and never really answer our questions.  Most people go away thinking that the politician has answered their question when he has just pulled the wool over their eyes.  Are you one of those people?  I hope not!

PS--I have a friend who I regularly have coffee with who answers question about "his" opinion about something just like politicians do.  When I am face to face with someone, I want to know what they think, not what some stranger thinks.  Does this irritate you as much as it does me or do you even notice that you are being manipulated?