Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Wind Mill Power Off Cape Cod

We used to have a saying that went, "There is a limit to how smart you can be, but there is no limit to how dumb." I just saw on the news an interview with one of the promoters of the Wind Mills off Cape Cod. He said that the wind mills could produce power at a cost of $0.20 per KWH. That is how electricity is measured. I know for a fact that he did not add on the cost of all the tax kick backs that they got for the program and we know that he did not include making a profit like all normal companies do. My bet is that the power cost at least $0.25 per KWH. Now most people have no idea how much they are paying per KWH, so the numbers don't have any meaning for them. It was also interesting that the interviewer did not know anything either or was in on the fraud. I am not sure that my situation is normal, but I pay $0.11 per KWH. I have a second meter for my electric heat that I pay half the regular rate for, or $0.055 per KWH. The reason for this lower rate is that I have agreed with the power company that they can turn off the power to that meter if they need to balance the power to prevent a brown out. They don't lose any money on the special $0.055 rate or they would have have this special rate. Now I am getting to the point. Since the wind mill can not be depended on for 24/7 power, it has to be sold just like my speical rate. I did check on what it costs to generate electricity from coal and it ranges between $0.020 and $0.025 per KWH. Now if the power from the wind mill has a corrected cost of $0.25 per KWH, that makes it 10 times as expensive as coal power and coal power is available 24/7. Realistically, the wind power has a cost that is at least 15 times that from coal. You run the numbers or Google and you will see that I am correct.

The wind power and solar power people are just plane dumb or very dishoest.

You hear the complaint from all these Greenies that we don't have an energy policy, but we do. It is the free enterprise system where every individual buys his or her energy where ever they can find the best price. This is the only economic system that has been show to work over time and get the best results for the most people. Seems to me than we do have an energy policy and it is a good one that does not need any help from the Greenies or the government. Given a choice between electricity from coal or from a wind mill, which would you buy. Further, if we all went hungry and cold using wind power, how do you think I would affect the world? Every country in the world who got their power from coal would laugh at us and would be warm and eating steak and the weather would not have changed as a result of our actions. Shooting yourself in the head with a gun would save more energy than all these wind mills. Why don't more of these Greenies do that?

PS,

What would it cost to burn a 100 watt light bulb for 24 hours if your rate was $0.11 per KWH?

I'll post the number of people who got this simple question right. I hope that it is not "zero".