Recall the fan fare from Obama regarding his plan to provide insurance for pre-existing conditions? Seems like the chickens are coming home to roost. People are finding that the price for insurance that cover pre-existing conditions is costing a lot more than they want to pay. Didn't everyone with a brain predict this? Now why would an insurance company want to sell a person an insurance policy for less than they would have to pay out. Doesn't everyone know that on average insurance costs more than the average paid directly by the individual for their health service.
I was watching FOX News this morning and they were pointing out that very few people have signed up for the pre-existing condition insurance. It was less than 5% of what the Obama administration had predicted. Where else do you think the Obama administration made bad predictions?
At a time when our number one problem is the economy, can you tell me why Obama and the Democrats would tackle health care? It is a business killer and anyone with a 4th grade education would know this. It is interesting that all the efforts by Obama have been directed toward insurance and nothing toward actually reducing the cost of an office visit. Oh, I forgot about the push for computerization of medical records. If I look at my own medical history, I can find zero benefit from any record computerization. I think this is typical for most people. Recall that we still import 60% of our doctors. Most come from India. Now what do you think will happen as the economy of India improves? I think a lot of Indian doctors are going to stay home or if they come here, they are going to expect to make a lot more.
We can hope that the Obama health care plan will die and fall by its own weight.