Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

I was watching the news and realized that almost all politicians are some kind of "Do Gooder". The reason that I say this is that when you look at what they want to do it is mostly "Do Good" and then try to get credit for it. Look at the world for a second as a combination of "Good" and "Bad". We make laws to control "Bad". If a person is "Bad", they are punished in some way. We leave "Good" alone and let "Good" take care of its self. If you take this concept to the limit, and eliminate all the "Bad", all you are left with is "Good". Does this seem logical to you? I think that this is the way that government in the USA was intended to work. The problem is that we have a bunch of "Professional" politicians who have changed the rules. I just heard the new nominee to the Supreme Court described as a loyal "Public Servant". What we don't need are "Public Servants". This is code for "Do Gooder" and we all know that we don't need anymore "Do Gooders" using our tax money to "Do Good" for their friends and then claim credit for giving them our hard earned money.

What "Do Gooders" want to do is to create more "Good". The problem is that it is the job of each of us citizens to "Do Good" of our won free will with our own money and time. It is the job of government to get rid of the "Bad". I think we can all agree on that. We have all heard the statement, "I'm from the government and I am here to help you". The reason that this scares the hell out of most people is that we all know that this is a bald face lie. Anyone who is here claiming to want to help you is here to try to "Do Good" and get personal credit for it. Ask them if this is being paid for with their own money and the answer will be a resounding, "NO".

Have you ever heard this one? These people are all, "Paid volunteers". How can you be a volunteer if you are being paid to do what ever you are doing? If you look at many of the Obama programs, they are maned by "paid volunteers". These are "paid volunteer" "Do Gooders". They can't wait to tell all their friends how they "Did Good" in the "Hood".

Think about it the next time you hear any of these self appointed political "Do Gooders" talk. Read between the lines and you will see exactly what I mean. What we need are people in government who are interested in eliminating and punishing "Bad". Sealing our Mexican border is a clear case of eliminating the "Bad" and you notice how none of the politicians what to pick up the hot potato. If most of the "Bad" were eliminated, what a nice place this would be. We need to stop trying to do "Good". "Good" can take care of itself. Punish the "Bad" and most of our problems would be solved.

PS, I think we should change the names of our politicians from "Public Servants" to "Paid Volunteer Do Gooders", because that is what they have all become. It will be interesting to see the post audit of Dave Obey's finances and see how much money he walks away with as a result of being in the House of Representatives for over 40 years. They need to "present worth" all the future benifits that he will also get. I think that we are going to be talking about millions. Little old Oklahoma and Wisconsin boy makes good.