When you ask for an opinion from a military officer, do you think he will tell you the truth? That is the idea behind this blog.
I recently confronted a couple of my friends who were retired military officers about, what I observed. was a decline in the respect that soldiers have for their officers. I was surprised that they uniformly rejected my observation. They told me that officers are normally forced to retire if their soldiers loose confidence in them, so what's the problem? I have been watching the News and it appears to me that there are a lot more situations where there is less confidence in the military officers. It looks to me like some kind of trend.
What appears to be happening is that lower ranking officers are being forced to retire by higher ranking officers. Both of my friends agreed that the higher the ranking of an officer, the more political that they are. They agreed that to progress high into the officer ranks, one has to shift from being a real soldier/officer to being more of a politician. That agrees with what I have been seeing.
The current Joint Chief of Staff is clearly more of a politician than a true soldier. It might be his real colors or he is just acting as a puppet for the Defense Secretary and the President. Either way, it is clear that you can not trust the "opinions" of the Joint Chief of Staff and anyone else who he has not fired.
The reason that I am writing this blog is that as a civilian for whom the military works for and eventually reports too, I expect that when I ask for an opinion of a person that I will get their opinion and it will be true. I am just programmed that way, but when I deal with the military today, I have to throw all of that out the window because our military officers can not be trusted to speak honestly. That is a real problem when you consider how much authority we have all entrusted them with.
One example is Matthew Lohmeier who was just fired for saying that he did not agree with CRT and that the military should not be promoting it. It would seem to me that even if you are a military officer that you should not have to give up your honesty and integrity. Look up what has happened to Matthew Lohmeier and draw your own conclusion. Remember he is not the only one who has been treated this way by our military.