I have been thinking about my recent experience with a doctor at a major medical clinic. I blogged about it before, but there is now a new chapter. In that original blog, I thought that I had Lymes disease since I had all the symptoms and had been bitten by a tick recently. The test was negative and the doctor refused to give me a prescription.
Since I came to the doctor with the idea that I had Lymes, she only responded to that idea rather than trying to find out what I really had. It would seem that if I had all theses symptoms that looked like Lymes that I must have has something, but the doctor just focused on that one item. I think that if I had gone in by "not" telling the doctor that I thought that I had Lymes that her brain might not have locked up on that single track. It had to have been clear that I was suffering from something.
After continuing to live with the set of symptoms for a few more weeks, I tumbled to the idea that I may have sarcoidosis which has may of the same symptoms as Lymes. I went to webmd and reviewed the set of symptoms and it seems clear that I have a flare up of sarcoidosis. Both of my hands are swollen and so are my feet hurt, but not my knees and hips. The original doctor commented that my ankles were swollen, but did not connect the dots that I might have sarcoidosis. There are some symptoms of sarcoidosis that are different from Lymes, like eye sight problems, night sweats and rashes.
I am working on a new appointment with a different doctor who is familiar with the symptoms of sarcoidosis. We will see what happens. One of my sister in laws is an optometrist and she told me that optometrists often are the first ones to identify sarcoidosis in patients.
Other than a poor diagnosis, the incompetency of the doctors is also causing my medical cost to be more than 10 times what it should be. How do you think this kind of thing is affecting medical cost all over the United States?
Since I came to the doctor with the idea that I had Lymes, she only responded to that idea rather than trying to find out what I really had. It would seem that if I had all theses symptoms that looked like Lymes that I must have has something, but the doctor just focused on that one item. I think that if I had gone in by "not" telling the doctor that I thought that I had Lymes that her brain might not have locked up on that single track. It had to have been clear that I was suffering from something.
After continuing to live with the set of symptoms for a few more weeks, I tumbled to the idea that I may have sarcoidosis which has may of the same symptoms as Lymes. I went to webmd and reviewed the set of symptoms and it seems clear that I have a flare up of sarcoidosis. Both of my hands are swollen and so are my feet hurt, but not my knees and hips. The original doctor commented that my ankles were swollen, but did not connect the dots that I might have sarcoidosis. There are some symptoms of sarcoidosis that are different from Lymes, like eye sight problems, night sweats and rashes.
I am working on a new appointment with a different doctor who is familiar with the symptoms of sarcoidosis. We will see what happens. One of my sister in laws is an optometrist and she told me that optometrists often are the first ones to identify sarcoidosis in patients.
Other than a poor diagnosis, the incompetency of the doctors is also causing my medical cost to be more than 10 times what it should be. How do you think this kind of thing is affecting medical cost all over the United States?