Wednesday, April 6, 2016

What Happened To Our Citizen Politicians?

Do you remember your history lessons about the USA and the "citizen politicians" who formed this USA?  I did not think so.  That is the point of this blog.

What was George Washington's profession?  Well, it was not a lawyer.  George was a farmer and business man.  For that matter, all were farmers are business men.  How about Thomas Jefferson?  He was a farmer too.  What all the founders of the USA have in common was that they were "not" politicians before they wrote the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution.  Before they entered the government of the USA they were farmers and businessmen and after they left government, they went back to being farmers and businessmen.  That has all changed today and I think that is much of our problem. 

If you check the facts, you will find that most of our current professional politicians are lawyers.  The government of the USA is more like a big business than it is like a court room.  Do you really think that people who are lawyers are better prepared to manage this big thing we call the USA government better than a farmer or businessman who has had to run and manage some big organization.  It has been my experience that the main thing that lawyers run is their mouths.  I could go even further.

How about who runs our colleges and universities?  Would you believe that most of those on the board of regents are lawyers?   Well, that is true.  I checked out a few boards of regents and found that there are very few Engineers, Doctors, Farmers or Business men on most boards of regents.  If that is the case, it is no wonder that our colleges and universities have deteriorated so much and now have to rely on foreign born students to fill out the seats in the more difficult technical majors.  All this has been happening slowly, like grass growing, so that you did not even notice.

I don't know what you think about Donald Trump, but he is clearly one of these "citizen politicians" that I have been talking about.  I don't know if he will make a good President or not, but I don't know about any of the lawyers who are running for President will make a good president or not either.  What I am concerned about is how this "professional political class" in the Republican party along with the Jew-York media have pounced on Trump spending millions of dollars to keep him from running for President.  If we were to apply standard rules of decision making to the situation and ask how Trump would be doing "with" and "without" the negative spending by the "professional politician class
", what would be the answer?  We know how many people don't want to vote for Trump after millions have been spent to smear him, but we don't know how big his lead would have been had their been a level playing field do we?

How dangerous can a bad President be for the USA and what is the worst thing that he could do?  Ever think about that?  I have and I have some experience on the subject too.  We know that there are all kinds of checks and balances on the power of the President, but that is not enough.  There are still some very bad things that a bad President can do.  For my money, the worst thing that a President can do is to "selectively enforce the laws".  I saw this in Chile with Allende and here in the USA with Obama.  You know what I am talking about.  I could  take a chance on new President if I had confidence that he would equally enforce the laws and I think that Trump has made it clear that he would.  The border and uncontrolled immigration is a perfect example of what Obama is "not" doing and what Trump has built is case on.

Most of the other candidates speak "political correctness" which means that they will do what the people who voted for them think is right rather than just enforcing the laws on the books.  That is my major concern.  There are ways to change the laws, but choosing not to enforce laws that you do not agree with is not one of those ways.

How about taking a chance on a President who is "not" a lawyer and who will enforce the laws?

PS---If you want to run the biggest organization in the world, don't get an MBA from some big university, get an undergraduate degree in Political Science and a Law degree and bone up on political correctness and you will have the best chance of becoming President of the USA.  We have let it become that bad.  What would our founding fathers think about what we have done to their "baby"?