Monday, March 28, 2016

Chickens And Their Feeding Frenzies

I am a farmer and have had  chickens for many years.  Whether you know it or not, you can learn a lot from a bunch of chickens, but most is not good.  That is the point of this blog.

I was listening to a conversation today that is similar to many.  This person was in an uproar about the fact that he felt sorry for this group of people who did not have "free" access to high speed internet.  This person seemed to think that it was some kind of "right" that everyone have access to high speed internet even if they could not afford it.  This is where it starts to get interesting.  I thought that it was only the single mover liberals who thought this way, but I was wrong.  This person went on with the logic that if the government paid for program "A", then they should pay for program "B".  Where the connection came from, I do not know, but after thinking about the logic pattern, I started to understand the person's thinking.  This  is when I started thinking about chickens.

When you go out into the barn yard with some grain and toss it on the ground the chickens come from no where to start pecking at the grain. If there was just one chicken, it would have pecked slowly until it was full, but if there are other chickens, it is not long before there is a total "frenzy" of pecking and it can get so wild after the grain is gone that the chickens often turn on one another.  If one draws blood, it is all over for that chicken because the other chickens will continue pecking it until it is dead.  That is how the "mind" of a chicken works.  If one chicken has something the other chicken wants it too.  Now back to the story.

Here is the pattern in the thinking of may liberals and in some cases conservatives also fall into this trap.  Here is how it works.  "If one group is getting something for free from the government, then why shouldn't I get something else for free?"  This occurs where the conservative does not need or want the same thing that the other person is getting from the government.  In the end, this kind of thinking and acting leads to more and more free government programs and in the process the conservative is just as big of a problem as the liberal who wants everything for free.  Are you starting to see how the process works?  Conservatives fall into the same trap as the liberals and the country ends up going broke.

Here is how a real conservative who is not a one mover would deal with this situation.  He would look for the root cause of why a particular group did not have access to high speed internet.  If you are familiar with Hughes Net then you know that there is no place in the USA that does not physically have access to high speed internet.  What this group apparently had was either of "two" possible problems.  First, they had the money to pay for the access, but judged that it was too expensive and that they would prefer to spend their money on something else.  Or second, they did not have the money, period, and thus could hardly afford food and shelter.  Now the problem is set.

As far as I am concerned, I have no sympathy for the "First" group.  They chose where they live rather than living in a place where cheaper high speed access was available.  That was their free choice and I have zero responsibility for their situation. 

Now, the second group.  There is another question that needs answering and that is, "Why don't they have enough money to pay for the high speed internet?"  Did they make irresponsible choices in their lives that, now, puts them in the situation where they can not afford high speed internet?  If so, like the first group, I have no sympathy for them.  This is the bed they made and thus have to sleep in it.  I am not going to try to list down all the stupid decisions that people make because there are too many. Some examples are "not finishing high school" or "getting knocked up out of wedlock" or "becoming and alcoholic" or "having more kids than you can afford".  About the only ones that I would support are those who are born mentally retarded or physically handicapped in some way.

It is a very big deal when a person feels that their concern is so important that it justifies them "voting" to send the police to my home to take my property and give it to the person they are so concerned about.  I am not totally against this type of action, but it demands a very high standard,  otherwise we will be living in a world where individuals have no freedom from the will of a "one" vote majority.  That was clearly the major concern of the wise men who formed this country and wrote the constitution, "that all states signed".  Using the logic of the person mentioned above, I think that you can see how our country as we know it could be changed into something that was never intended.