It is all over the news how our two Navy boats with 10 sailors were captured by Iran. This blog is about how stupid our US Navy must be.
How about a little back ground. I own several boats and airplanes and am very familiar with navigation. Did you know that all commercial airplanes are required to have "transponders"? Don't know what a transponder is? It is a device on the plane that sends out a message telling the receiver the "exact" location of the plane including the altitude. If you would like to see how this works, go to "flightaware" on the internet. There you will find live maps of your area and the world showing "all" the planes that are in the air. If you see a plane flying over your house, all you need to do to find out what flight it is, were it is from and where it is going, is to dial up "flight aware" on you computer. If our Navy does not have a similar system, they are stupid and incompetent. They should know, within feet" of where all their ships or boats are at any time.
On my boat, I had radar that would allow me to see objects up to 20 miles away. That mean that I could see any boat coming toward me from 20 miles away. Now, if these boats could go 40 mph, it would have take 30 minutes to get to them if they did not move. I think that our boats could go 40 mph, so it is possible that the Iranians would never be able to catch them. Given that our 10 sailors were caught tells me that they were either stupid or incompetent.
If the motor failed on one of the boats, the other boat could take the boat in tow in less than 2 minutes. I have towed several boats and all I had to do was to pull along side and use my dock lines to secure the other boat along side and tow them home.
The next thing. We have all kinds of other ships and land resources in the area that also have radar and could see every thing that was going on in real time. We have radios that send and receive signals at the speed of light, so these incompetent sailors could have been warned or could have called for help.
On my boat and airplane, I have at least two or three different methods of navigation. I also have auto pilots where I can put my route into the computer and the computer will steer my boat or plane. The systems are cheap and can keep the boat or plane on course better than you can. 90% of the time that I am in the air or on the water, the computer is steering. Do you think our Navy has auto pilots on these two multimillion dollar boats. You can buy the system at Cabela's and Bass Pro Shop or any number of places. My kids got a drone helicopter for Christmas that has it own auto pilot and camera that can be sent out several miles to collect pictures of things and send them back to their computer. Our Navy must have this type of thing. If they don't, what the hell are they spending all of our tax money on? My cheap auto pilot will sound an alarm if I get off course more than a set amount.
I know that we will find out more over time about what happened, but in the end, I predict that it will show that we are both stupid and incompetent and that starts with Obama.
How about a little back ground. I own several boats and airplanes and am very familiar with navigation. Did you know that all commercial airplanes are required to have "transponders"? Don't know what a transponder is? It is a device on the plane that sends out a message telling the receiver the "exact" location of the plane including the altitude. If you would like to see how this works, go to "flightaware" on the internet. There you will find live maps of your area and the world showing "all" the planes that are in the air. If you see a plane flying over your house, all you need to do to find out what flight it is, were it is from and where it is going, is to dial up "flight aware" on you computer. If our Navy does not have a similar system, they are stupid and incompetent. They should know, within feet" of where all their ships or boats are at any time.
On my boat, I had radar that would allow me to see objects up to 20 miles away. That mean that I could see any boat coming toward me from 20 miles away. Now, if these boats could go 40 mph, it would have take 30 minutes to get to them if they did not move. I think that our boats could go 40 mph, so it is possible that the Iranians would never be able to catch them. Given that our 10 sailors were caught tells me that they were either stupid or incompetent.
If the motor failed on one of the boats, the other boat could take the boat in tow in less than 2 minutes. I have towed several boats and all I had to do was to pull along side and use my dock lines to secure the other boat along side and tow them home.
The next thing. We have all kinds of other ships and land resources in the area that also have radar and could see every thing that was going on in real time. We have radios that send and receive signals at the speed of light, so these incompetent sailors could have been warned or could have called for help.
On my boat and airplane, I have at least two or three different methods of navigation. I also have auto pilots where I can put my route into the computer and the computer will steer my boat or plane. The systems are cheap and can keep the boat or plane on course better than you can. 90% of the time that I am in the air or on the water, the computer is steering. Do you think our Navy has auto pilots on these two multimillion dollar boats. You can buy the system at Cabela's and Bass Pro Shop or any number of places. My kids got a drone helicopter for Christmas that has it own auto pilot and camera that can be sent out several miles to collect pictures of things and send them back to their computer. Our Navy must have this type of thing. If they don't, what the hell are they spending all of our tax money on? My cheap auto pilot will sound an alarm if I get off course more than a set amount.
I know that we will find out more over time about what happened, but in the end, I predict that it will show that we are both stupid and incompetent and that starts with Obama.