Wednesday, June 3, 2015

2,300 Humvee's

Did you hear the news about the Iraqi army abandoning 2,300 of the "free" Humvee's given to them by us tax payers?  2,300 is a lot of Humvee's.  I thought that I would use my 4th grade math to see if I could put this whole thing in perspective.

What if we had a parade in front of your house with the Humvee's with 80 feet between them driving at 15 mph? How long do you think the parade would be?  Use your 4th grade math to come up with the answer.  I'll do it for you.  It turns out to be 43.5 miles along!!!  That is a very long parade.

How about some more 4th grade math?  How long do you think the parade in front of your house will last?  I know that you are smart enough to do the 4th grade math.  Again, I will do it for you.  It turns out that it will take 2 hours and 54 minutes.  That is our tax money in the parade.  I am not going to calculate the amount of your hard earn money is going to be in that parade, but I will give you an estimate.

I estimate that there are about 45 million taxpaying families in the USA.  If each Humvee has a cost of $150,000, then the parade has a cost to us taxpayers of $345,000,000.  If we divide that by the number of taxpayers watching the parade, it has a cost of $7.67 for each of us.  I am not sure that a Humvee only has a cost of $150,00.  That is only 3 times the cost of a GMC pickup truck.

The bottom line is that we now have to spend about a million dollars to destroy each of those 2,300 Humvee's.  That means us taxpayers are going to have to pay over $50 more to destroy those Humvee's.

From this blog, I think that you can see that us taxpayers are going to keep paying for Obama's incompetence until we get someone in the Presidency who is not a Judas.

PS---I think that you could count on one hand the number of countries in the world who have as much military hardware as was abandoned by the Iraqi army that has now ended up in the hands of  the terrorists.  When I used to teach "Decision Theory", I hammered my students that the most common reason for a "bad" decision is that "all" the possible  outcomes of the decision were not considered.  Did anyone in the military or the Obama administration not consider the possibility that the Iraqi army would not run rather than fight and abandon all the military hardware the taxpayers of the USA gave them for "free"?   I guess not!!   Grade---"F".