I was watching the News on TV and someone proposed that we allow immigrants who want to get out of Syria to come to the USA like we let immigrants come here from Somalia. I could not think of anything that was more stupid and that is my reason for this blog.
I am a mathematical systems guy who is able to structure and understand complex systems. I understand "gains" and "feed backs". I also understand optimization and what can happen in the system "limit". I know that many who are reading this blog are "one movers" who can only see to the end of their noses and never consider "second" and "third order" factors. I will try to keep my comments simple so that all can understand.
How about starting with Detroit as an example? We all know that at one time Detroit was one of the richest and most attractive cities in in the USA and the world. So what happened? Did Detroit just go down hill "naturally" or was there a "cause"? We know from Sir Isaac Newton that nothing happens without a "cause". So what was the "cause"? I think that it was due to "immigration" and I do not mean that it was because bad people moved in. It was because good people moved or immigrated out. When Detroit started getting down at the heels, rather than the good people doing something about the situation, they chose to "immigrate" out to the suburbs and leave the problems of Detroit behind. If you have a sack of potatoes and you start removing the best potatoes, it is not long before all that are left in the sack are bad rotten potatoes. Isn't this exactly what happened in Detroit?
I have friends who live in the 900 block of Park Avenue in New York City across from Central Park. Unlike Detroit, the good people did not "immigrate" out to the suburbs and the 900 block on Park Avenue is a nice place to live today. Are you starting to see the pattern? I could list more cities in the USA, but I think you get the message.
How about people who "immigrate" to the USA from places like Central America? The USA has about 75 people per square mile and many of the countries in Central America have over 1,000 per square mile. It is clear that the USA is a better place to live than most of Central America, but what is the cause of Central America being worse? It is over population caused by the very people who now want to immigrate to the USA. They soiled their nest and now want to abandon the mess they made and immigrate here. Is that really the solution or is the solution to require these people to clean up the mess that they made all by themselves? If you have a brain, you know the answer. It is the same answer for Detroit. The current population of Detroit is now about 1/3 of what it once was. If the good people are allowed to leave Central America, the problem will only become worse for Central America and the USA.
I blogged on this point before, but it has application here. In the short term, there are several ways to improve ones quality of life and those are "cheat", "steal" and "game" the system. We all know that in the end, these three things always make things worse. Isn't "immigration" about the same as the above? At one time their was uninhabited land here in the USA, but no more. All of the land is now owned and occupied by someone and there is no need for anymore immigrants. The party is over so get used to it. The people who now want to immigrate to the USA want to get away from soiled nests in their home land that they soiled. They can not opt out of the game as "cowards". The rest of us should look at the long term and require that they stay home and work to improve their quality of life there rather than letting them out of jail early so they can come here.
In my book, most immigrants are "cowards" and we should all treat them as such. We should not reward bad behavior because we know that it only encourages more bad behavior. In the case of "cheating", "stealing" and "gaming" the system, it breeds more of the same until the whole system fails. In a prior blog I pointed out how when Honey Bees start robbing honey from another hive and both hives fail in the end. The result of immigration is the same!!!! We don't need to encourage more "cowards" to immigrate here.
PS---How is what able bodied males Muslims are doing different from the American cowards who went to Canada to escape being drafted? How can they expect us to help them if they are such cowards that they don't want to fight back against other Muslims who are trying to kill them and their children? I would like to know what all these "honest" and "peace loving" Muslims are doing to get rid of the Radical Muslims within their group. They are cowards. They don't even speak up when they know one of their friends or children is a terrorist.
I am a mathematical systems guy who is able to structure and understand complex systems. I understand "gains" and "feed backs". I also understand optimization and what can happen in the system "limit". I know that many who are reading this blog are "one movers" who can only see to the end of their noses and never consider "second" and "third order" factors. I will try to keep my comments simple so that all can understand.
How about starting with Detroit as an example? We all know that at one time Detroit was one of the richest and most attractive cities in in the USA and the world. So what happened? Did Detroit just go down hill "naturally" or was there a "cause"? We know from Sir Isaac Newton that nothing happens without a "cause". So what was the "cause"? I think that it was due to "immigration" and I do not mean that it was because bad people moved in. It was because good people moved or immigrated out. When Detroit started getting down at the heels, rather than the good people doing something about the situation, they chose to "immigrate" out to the suburbs and leave the problems of Detroit behind. If you have a sack of potatoes and you start removing the best potatoes, it is not long before all that are left in the sack are bad rotten potatoes. Isn't this exactly what happened in Detroit?
I have friends who live in the 900 block of Park Avenue in New York City across from Central Park. Unlike Detroit, the good people did not "immigrate" out to the suburbs and the 900 block on Park Avenue is a nice place to live today. Are you starting to see the pattern? I could list more cities in the USA, but I think you get the message.
How about people who "immigrate" to the USA from places like Central America? The USA has about 75 people per square mile and many of the countries in Central America have over 1,000 per square mile. It is clear that the USA is a better place to live than most of Central America, but what is the cause of Central America being worse? It is over population caused by the very people who now want to immigrate to the USA. They soiled their nest and now want to abandon the mess they made and immigrate here. Is that really the solution or is the solution to require these people to clean up the mess that they made all by themselves? If you have a brain, you know the answer. It is the same answer for Detroit. The current population of Detroit is now about 1/3 of what it once was. If the good people are allowed to leave Central America, the problem will only become worse for Central America and the USA.
I blogged on this point before, but it has application here. In the short term, there are several ways to improve ones quality of life and those are "cheat", "steal" and "game" the system. We all know that in the end, these three things always make things worse. Isn't "immigration" about the same as the above? At one time their was uninhabited land here in the USA, but no more. All of the land is now owned and occupied by someone and there is no need for anymore immigrants. The party is over so get used to it. The people who now want to immigrate to the USA want to get away from soiled nests in their home land that they soiled. They can not opt out of the game as "cowards". The rest of us should look at the long term and require that they stay home and work to improve their quality of life there rather than letting them out of jail early so they can come here.
In my book, most immigrants are "cowards" and we should all treat them as such. We should not reward bad behavior because we know that it only encourages more bad behavior. In the case of "cheating", "stealing" and "gaming" the system, it breeds more of the same until the whole system fails. In a prior blog I pointed out how when Honey Bees start robbing honey from another hive and both hives fail in the end. The result of immigration is the same!!!! We don't need to encourage more "cowards" to immigrate here.
PS---How is what able bodied males Muslims are doing different from the American cowards who went to Canada to escape being drafted? How can they expect us to help them if they are such cowards that they don't want to fight back against other Muslims who are trying to kill them and their children? I would like to know what all these "honest" and "peace loving" Muslims are doing to get rid of the Radical Muslims within their group. They are cowards. They don't even speak up when they know one of their friends or children is a terrorist.