What do you think of the life and actions of Mandela of South Africa? He started out driven by hate, but ended up forgiving his enemies. While he had the hate inside him he did very bad things that he would later regret. What is the significance of all this? That is the objective of this blog.
I was talking with some friends about the atrocities visited on Jews by the Germans prior and during WWII. All my life, I have been asking how any society could do what they did to other people? I know a lot of others who have been asking themselves the same question. Finally, I think that I may have stumbled to an understanding that I would like to share with you.
My friends were comparing Obama with Hitler in terms of the way many people seem to follow each of them without thinking for themselves. No one seemed to be coming up with any kind of reason as to why people followed each of these two leaders. What I did was to turn the clock back to those years before Hitler came along. After WWI, France and England subjected Germany to all kinds of penalties and destroyed the Germany economically. Because of these actions by France and England, the people of Germany "hated" France and Germany. It was thus easy for Hitler to come along and build on this Hate. Hitler was able to add the Jews into this hated group. The result was that the German people would then be able to "justify" doing the worst possible things to the Jews who they saw as their hated enemy. When the German people saw their own children with out food and clothing, they saw the Jews, French and English as the cause and thus the enemy. I don't think that you can find anyone who participated in those atrocities today who would say that what they did was "right"! Why it was right back in the 1930's and 1940's is because of "hate".
What do coaches do? They whip up their teams to "hate" the other teams. This is to get the players to go beyond what they would, other wise, do. It was the same with Hitler. Now look at Obama. He wants his backers to "hate" those who oppose him and his policies. Notice how he has gone about splitting groups and pitting one against another? You all know that we are less united now than ever.
Look at Obama's teacher, Rev Wright? All Rev Wright did was spew hate to his followers. Why did he do that? Like Hitler, Obama and Rev Wright, they all did it to get their followers to do things that they would feel were wrong in calmer times. Hate is a type of crisis that calls for action and that these same people would reject if there was no crisis.
As I now look back at Mandela and what he did, he saw that hate would not solve any problem and if he wanted to make things better for those in South Africa it had to be "without" hate. Martin Luther King saw this same thing, but I don't think that most of his followers grasped his wisdom. Look at those like Jesse Jackson? Does he want to divide us or bring us together? See what I am talking about. We need to get rid of hate, but without giving in to those who promote hate, Our problem is how to do that, but first we must agree that it is our main problem. Like I always have blogged, "the first step in the solution of a problem is to admit that you have a problem". Hate being spewed from Obama is our problem.
PS---One of my friends actually voted for Obama because the "hatted" Palen so much. See what I mean? We need to think and not be driven by hate.