Sunday, September 2, 2012

News Media Bias

I am sure that most of you are aware of the bias in the news media.  The problem is that most of you do not understand how far it has gone.  I watch all the news outlets every day and dissects every thing that they report or don't report.  It is difficult to pick up on some of the ways that the different news outlets slant or spin the news.  Take the hurricane Issac that hit New Orleans.  Most of you did not notice the bias in the reporting, but I did.  Issac was not an ordinary hurricane.  Rather than wind, it dropped rain, lots of rain.  Rain will not tear down your house so rain is not as widely reported as wind.  Wind normally  does most of the damage, not the rain.  This time it was much different.  I went thru all the reporting from ABC, NBC, CBS and CNN as well as a few others.  Only one reported the real story and I will leave it upto you to determine which one that was.

Here is the story that went unreported.  It was rain and it almost wiped out the Okra crop in the South.  Without Okra, there will be many families who will not have enough to eat.  That is how serious this is and it went mostly unreported.  The problem is that those of us in the North can be of little help since Okra does not grow well in the North.  We could ship down corn, but it would be of the type that could not be converted into grits.  Here again, we have a problem.  As you can see the problems created by Issac will not be easy to solve even if the biased news media had, at least, reported on them.

This is only one example of bias in the news media and in how many other cases are there serious problems that need solutions, but are not even reported?  I think that you now can see how serious of a problem we have.  My advise is to keep you eyes open and do your own research rather than totally relying on the news media for your important news.