Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Is Bill Bradley For Real?

I just watched Bill Bradley on the Imus In The Morning Show.   Bradley sound like a white Obama.  He sounded like he was reading from the same TelePrompter.  The key thing that he and Obama seem to agree on is that government is the solution and that most people are victims.  The bottom line on being a victim is that there has to be some one or group who are doing bad things to you.  What I can't understand is why these individuals who claim they are victims never look in the mirror.  They never look at themselves or the decisions that they have made.  What I can't understand is how people like Bradley can't see how wrong they are.  It may be more simple than it appears.

One thing that researchers on the social networks have found is that people who spend time on them become depressed.  What people read on the social networks is about all the "fun" or "good" things that people are doing.  When you look at it, why would someone post "bad" things about themselves?  I don't think that you would find people posting that they were stupid or lazy or dishonest.  Now, when people read these postings, all they see are the "fun" or "good" things.  When they look at their own lives, down deep, by comparison they are failures.  This is what depresses them.  What else could they do?  Rather than face the facts, they just get depressed.  A person can game the world, but not themselves.  Down deep, people who are really failures know that they are failures and their brain reacts with depression.

I used to watch "rich" people playing golf or racing around in their speed boats and felt depressed.  All I saw was the "fun" things that they were doing.  It was just like spending time on one of these social networks.  I never saw one of these "rich" people hitting the books in school or doing home work.  I never saw them working late into the night or getting up early in the morning.  I never saw them worrying about a risky investment.  All I ever saw was the "fun" part.

 What we have now here in the USA is this same thing.  People who are poor are poor because of their own socially destructive behavior, not some rich guy.  Obama is like a lot of modern parents who want to do "good" things for their kids rather doing the "right" thing for their kids.  The right thing may not be to give out a free student loan, but to "not" give them a free student loan.  We need to do things that force our kids and adults to do the "right" thing and take care of themselves.  If you were ever in sports, you know the saying, "it is not doing you any good if it does not hurt".  Have you ever heard that before?  I don't see any problem with pain.  Pain can be good.  If you never had any pain, how can you judge "good"?  compared to what?  I know hunger too.  Now I am a very good cook because I know what it is like to not have good food to eat.

Now back to Bradley.  He seems to be of the modern thinking where we should do every thing possible to eliminate "pain" and "hunger".  This just might be the root of our current problems in Washington DC and most of the world.