Thursday, July 7, 2011

National Defense Magazine, Energy

I just ran across an issue of the National Defense Magazine and it had some very interesting articles. One of the most interesting was the "Opinion" by editor Lawrence P. Farrell, jr on sustainable energy. I'll take out some quotes and then review them from a honest taxpayer's perspective.

How about this one by Dorthy Robyn? "Congress is now asking for the data that proves that these programs are worthwhile." This in reference to "Green Energy". It is clear from every taxpayer who has passed 4th grade math that none of these "Green Energy" programs are worthwhile. The problem is how did all this tax money get spent without an analysis in the first place? Every form of "so called" Green Energy costs more than energy from oil, coal, natural gas or nuclear and it always will. Notice how this is stated in the positive expecting that if they can just get the right data, it will prove and Green Energy is a good idea. If the data comes back showing that Green Energy is a rip off, they will only challenge the data and keep on spending our tax money.

How about this one? Kevin Geiss of the Air Force stated that, "...99% of its fleet is certified to operate with a 50-50 blend of synthetic and petroleum based fuels." This is one of the stupidest wastes of tax payer money that I have ever seen. If we have a real war, why don't they just shut down a few gas stations? It would be a lot cheaper. We are not talking about a war that goes on for years where we would need even a drop of synthetic fuels. Who is putting this kind of thinking into the military? I remember in WWII when we could not buy butter. How about burning butter? I guess they want to be ready for some kind of painless war where no one gets killed or has to go without their Twinkies.

Karen Harbert seems to have her head on straight with her comments. "Harbert showed a chart of all the energy development projects--coal-fired power plants, natural gas, geothermal and wind--that have recently been denied in the United States." Now why does anyone need some "chart" showing this? It is on the news every day that Obama is trying to kill the economy using all the governmental agencies that report to the President. It is just like what Salvadore Allende did in Chile before he shot himself.

Farrel goes out on his own and states, "The good news is that the Defense Department is making progress, but there is much more to do." Is this some kind of kiss up so that he can keep selling the magazine? Is anyone related to our government honest and can stand up and lay out the facts. I contend that most are gutless little people who are afraid to rock the boat for fear that they may loose their soft job. Most of us would do well to read more of the Editor's Opinion pages in our magazines. You may be very surprised by what you find.

PS------

"James Leatherwood, a NASA official, also made a pitch for "green energy" development. He said that sustainability is the key driver of innovation." If this is not some kind of light weight statement and a kiss up for more tax money for NASA, I don't know what is. As a tax payer, I have to ask, "how did all these strange thinking people get into such high positions within our government?" I know that they are all some one's baby, but where did we go wrong as parents? I think that we only have to look at our savings that we waisted sending them to our worthless colleges. Look what those colleges gave back to us? Who is now going to save our country? Most of us are too old to make the impact that is now needed and we know that our own kids and grand kids are not upto the task. I am depressed and am think about drinking a cold home brew and punching out.