This business of connecting the dots seems like is is making me less confident in the future of the USA. This might be a repeat, but I'll make it anyway. When I was very small, my father told me that, "it is a lot easier to get away with a big lie than it is a small one". At the time, I thought this was a very strange concept and never gave is serious consideration. His timing was right after WWII and I think he was referring to Germany and Hitler. The idea was that when a lie is big enough few people are big enough thinkers the see it. It is a little like being in a snow storm "white out". Normally, the lighter it is the better to see, but when everything is "white" it becomes harder to see. Once,when I was first sailed in the Bahamas, I was motoring into shore in my dingy and was worried about hitting the sharp coral. When the water started to look too shallow, I decided to jump out and pull my dingy the rest of the way to shore. When I jumped out, the water was well over my head. The water was so clear and the bottom seemed so close that I could not judge the distance. The point that I am trying to make is that even the smartest person can be fooled by a big lie. Here goes.
High Speed Train From Tampa to Orlando--
Obama wants to spend billions on a high speed rail system between Tampa and Orlando. I'll ask you the same question that I have been asking all along. Does that "investment" make America stronger or weaker? You say that it does not make any difference? How can you say that? When you take money from the tax payers for go and borrow it from China and then spend on a train that is not needed, how can that be good? How is revenue from the train going to pay back China or the tax payers? Realize that the money could have been spend better or better yet, not spent at all. It makes America weaker. Thankfully, the state of Florida rejected the idea.
Additional Bridge From Detroit Area To Canada--
Obama wants to spend billions on an additional bridge between the Detroit area and Canada. The state of Michigan and the city of Detroit are economically in the toilet and do not produce anything that Canada wants, so why do we need an additional bridge? It is the same argument as the high speed train. It makes America weaker not stronger.
High Speed Train From Milwaukee to Madison, Wisconsin--
I think it is less than 80 miles between these two towns. First, why would you want to travel between these two places on a "high speed train"? You can go by bus now at 65mph economically with less than 40 people on a single bus. The buses can start and end at different locations in both cities. In a distance of just 80 miles, with my 4th grade math, I can't figure out where any savings might come from. I guess I am not upto date on how valuable politicians and people too poor to buy a car are worth. Any thing the government wastes money, it make the country weaker, not stronger. It is same economics as in a family. Does buying fancy cloths make the family more prosperous or less? Does in make the family stronger or weaker? I think you got this one. Weaker!
Libya--
How are things going in Libya? Notice that we are spending all kinds of money there and for what? It is costing millions per day and it will cost billions before we are out. Take the best possible out come. If everything that Obama wants works out, will it have made America stronger or weaker? Well, if you spend tons of money and get nothing for it, that makes you weaker. If spending money that you don't have will make you stronger, then why is Greece in such a fix?
Green Movement--
Who is pushing this? Our public schools, that's who. I was just talking to a couple about their children and they told me that they just can't understand their own kids. They were raised in a conservative home, yet the kids are bleeding heart liberals and have no sense of financial or social responsibility. These kids are totally behind the Green Movement. Where is Obama on this one? You know. Is he trying to stop or slow it down? No! This is one where he can sit on the side and just watch because it has a head of steam on its own. Obama does not have to do anything and America will be weakened. If someone comes along with a plan to slow it down, Obama and his administration will throw sand in there way to slow them down. The "Rope-a-Dope" is alive a well. Do you know of any item in the Green Movement that will strengthen America? No, because there are none.
Rare Earths--
This is not a new planet. These are special minerals that are needed for modern industry. Take Palladium. You probably never heard of Palladium. It is use to coat plastics so they can be electro plated, for example. Plastics are non conductors and as such can not normally be electro plated. These are the dials and covers of your cell phones and computers. America has a lot of these Rare Earths, but for many the procedures for mining and smelting them can produce toxic waste. Now we don't want any toxic waste here in America no matter what we have to do or how much it would cost in lost jobs. That is becoming our mentality and Obama is right behind it because it hurts and weakens America. The good thing is that we can get most of these critical resources from China. Isn't that nice? Who is getting stronger and who is getting weaker? Easy isn't it?
Private Aircraft--
I think you know your history well enough to know that the Wright brothers invented the first powered airplane and flew it at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. I have been to that spot and have seen their old buildings and ramps. A key point is that the Wright brothers were not financed by the government or the tax payers. Based on their work, free Americans dominated the aircraft industry. I could recount how the DC-3 was created, but that is for another time. The most recent entry into the aircraft industry in America was Cirrus, located in Duluth, Min. Note also, this is the home of the famous "Crescent Wrench". Last year Cirrus produced more planes than the next two aircraft companies in the world combined. You might think that Cirrus would be flying high with their success, but you would be wrong. They were just purchased by a group from China. If Cirrus was the largest manufacturer of airplanes in the world, why couldn't they make it? Government regulations pure and simple. Of all aircraft manufacturers, they were on of the most technically advanced, but that was not enough to overcome government regulations. This was just one company that government regulations clearly killed, but there are many more that are being weakened and will die or not be internationally competitive. Have you heard anything from Obama about Cirrus? Not a word. Why? It is another dot. America is weaker and China is stronger and that is what Obama wants. Do your own research if you don't agree.
Readers, I am going to give you a challenge and that is for you to find decisions made by Obama that have made America stronger. You report them and I will see that they are published in the comments. This is a serious challenge.